Apr 17, 2012, 11:42 PM EDT
It’s now official — Kentucky’s five young starters are headed to the NBA.
Anthony Davis (the lock No. 1 overall pick in the draft), Terrence Jones, Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, Doran Lamb and Marquis Teague all sat beside John Calipari at a press conference Tuesday, said they loved being Wildcats but it was time to go after their NBA dreams.
Every one of them could go in the first round. DraftExpress (like everyone else on the planet) has Davis going No. 1, Kidd-Gilchrist No. 3, Jones No. 11, Teague No. 18 and Lamb early in the second round, but he could move up with a good combine and team workouts.
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 2
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 7
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 3
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 44
- NBA fines Clippers for attempting to circumvent salary cap with DeAndre Jordan 10
- The most overlooked – and maybe most significant – reason Carmelo Anthony won’t waive his no-trade clause this season 17
- Phil Jackson is optimistic about Knicks coming season, except the start 7
- Report: Lakers considering bringing back Metta World Peace 33