Apr 17, 2012, 11:42 PM EST
It’s now official — Kentucky’s five young starters are headed to the NBA.
Anthony Davis (the lock No. 1 overall pick in the draft), Terrence Jones, Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, Doran Lamb and Marquis Teague all sat beside John Calipari at a press conference Tuesday, said they loved being Wildcats but it was time to go after their NBA dreams.
Every one of them could go in the first round. DraftExpress (like everyone else on the planet) has Davis going No. 1, Kidd-Gilchrist No. 3, Jones No. 11, Teague No. 18 and Lamb early in the second round, but he could move up with a good combine and team workouts.
- The Extra Pass: The league’s leading lineups; plus Tuesday’s recaps 0
- Tuesday night NBA Grades: Kobe plays pretty well, Suns’ backcourt plays better 1
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat 21
- Days before he faced LeBron, Paul George said Durant is NBA’s toughest cover 26
- A day later, Kobe didn’t think he played quite so bad 12
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (56)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (54)
- Durant tells “60 Minutes Sports” he’s still tired of being No. 2 (35)
- Report: Heat shopping Joel Anthony, seeking depth behind Wade (35)
- Fan wanders onto court while game is going on during Cavaliers-Clippers (VIDEO) (34)