Apr 17, 2012, 11:42 PM EDT
It’s now official — Kentucky’s five young starters are headed to the NBA.
Anthony Davis (the lock No. 1 overall pick in the draft), Terrence Jones, Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, Doran Lamb and Marquis Teague all sat beside John Calipari at a press conference Tuesday, said they loved being Wildcats but it was time to go after their NBA dreams.
Every one of them could go in the first round. DraftExpress (like everyone else on the planet) has Davis going No. 1, Kidd-Gilchrist No. 3, Jones No. 11, Teague No. 18 and Lamb early in the second round, but he could move up with a good combine and team workouts.
- Celtics owner: Rajon Rondo ‘super stubborn,’ harder than average to coach 6
- Bruce Bowen says blame for James Harden’s defense falls on McHale, Rockets 15
- NBA to review domestic violence policies in wake of NFL’s ugliness. It shouldn’t have taken that. 13
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 15
- Blake Griffin said he knew Donald Sterling was racist, wasn’t really surprised by tape 14
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Chicago Bulls 11
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 18