Apr 17, 2012, 11:42 PM EDT
It’s now official — Kentucky’s five young starters are headed to the NBA.
Anthony Davis (the lock No. 1 overall pick in the draft), Terrence Jones, Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, Doran Lamb and Marquis Teague all sat beside John Calipari at a press conference Tuesday, said they loved being Wildcats but it was time to go after their NBA dreams.
Every one of them could go in the first round. DraftExpress (like everyone else on the planet) has Davis going No. 1, Kidd-Gilchrist No. 3, Jones No. 11, Teague No. 18 and Lamb early in the second round, but he could move up with a good combine and team workouts.
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 0
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 7
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 9
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 39
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 48
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 31