Apr 16, 2012, 11:29 AM EDT
Here is our daily look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• Don’t expect Michael Beasley to get a qualifying offer from Minnesota, writes Timberwolves beat writer Jerry Zgoda. It will be interesting to see what teams will take a chance on him next summer, and at what price.
• The Paul Silas facepalm timeline.
• Anaheim is still there, ready and waiting for the Kings. Personally, I think Seattle or Kansas City (which has the Sprint Center ready to go) are better choices, but that’s not what the Maloofs will want.
• In case you missed it, Chris Duhon returned from his foot injury to play for the Magic Sunday and had five points in 19 minutes. That is not the guy the Magic really need back.
• Andris Biedrins suffered a concussion when his head hit Blake Griffin’s Saturday night. This means he has to be cleared by the league neurologist to return.
• Brandon Roy has not ruled out a return next season.
• Philadelphia will take part in the Orlando Summer League but not the one is Las Vegas.
- James Harden and Dwight Howard show Mavericks what they’re missing in Rockets’ Game 1 win 0
- Derrick Rose looks like his old self as Bulls beat Bucks in Game 1 8
- Warriors strong enough to outlast Anthony Davis and Pelicans in Game 1 4
- Paul Pierce leads Wizards to overtime Game 1 win over Raptors 5
- Q&A: Corey Brewer on trade from Timberwolves, his 51-point game, Harden’s MVP case, Rockets vs. Mavericks 2
- PBT First Round Playoff Previews: Los Angeles Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs 10
- Why the 2015 NBA playoffs feel wide open – but probably shouldn’t 5
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 3