Apr 16, 2012, 11:29 AM EDT
Here is our daily look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• Don’t expect Michael Beasley to get a qualifying offer from Minnesota, writes Timberwolves beat writer Jerry Zgoda. It will be interesting to see what teams will take a chance on him next summer, and at what price.
• The Paul Silas facepalm timeline.
• Anaheim is still there, ready and waiting for the Kings. Personally, I think Seattle or Kansas City (which has the Sprint Center ready to go) are better choices, but that’s not what the Maloofs will want.
• In case you missed it, Chris Duhon returned from his foot injury to play for the Magic Sunday and had five points in 19 minutes. That is not the guy the Magic really need back.
• Andris Biedrins suffered a concussion when his head hit Blake Griffin’s Saturday night. This means he has to be cleared by the league neurologist to return.
• Brandon Roy has not ruled out a return next season.
• Philadelphia will take part in the Orlando Summer League but not the one is Las Vegas.
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 2
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 2
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 3
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 27
- Report: Patrick Beverley out for rest of season, including playoffs 7
- Breaking down Western Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 9
- Breaking down Eastern Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 10
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Dwyane Wade is going to will Heat into playoffs 15