Apr 16, 2012, 11:29 AM EDT
Here is our daily look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• Don’t expect Michael Beasley to get a qualifying offer from Minnesota, writes Timberwolves beat writer Jerry Zgoda. It will be interesting to see what teams will take a chance on him next summer, and at what price.
• The Paul Silas facepalm timeline.
• Anaheim is still there, ready and waiting for the Kings. Personally, I think Seattle or Kansas City (which has the Sprint Center ready to go) are better choices, but that’s not what the Maloofs will want.
• In case you missed it, Chris Duhon returned from his foot injury to play for the Magic Sunday and had five points in 19 minutes. That is not the guy the Magic really need back.
• Andris Biedrins suffered a concussion when his head hit Blake Griffin’s Saturday night. This means he has to be cleared by the league neurologist to return.
• Brandon Roy has not ruled out a return next season.
• Philadelphia will take part in the Orlando Summer League but not the one is Las Vegas.
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 0
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 13
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 29
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 8
- Kobe Bryant says he will not be same player as before, says he’s evolved into something equally good 19
- Report: Agent for Greg Monroe pursued sign-and-trade deals with five teams, including Thunder and Blazers 25
- Derrick Rose sits out another Team USA practice, not likely to start Wednesday 22
- DeMarcus Cousins practices with team USA Tuesday, says he’s 50-50 for Wednesday game 2