Apr 16, 2012, 1:43 AM EST
What makes the Memphis Grizzlies the team nobody wants to face in the playoffs is their size up front (and the balance they have with wing players like Rudy Gay).
But they got a scare with one of those big men — Marc Gasol left the Grizzlies game Sunday with 7:02 left in the fourth quarter with what is described as a hyperextended left knee, reports the Commercial Appeal. He did not return to the game and will have an MRI on Monday. Grizzlies fans will keep their fingers crossed until results are released, hoping that he doesn’t man extensive time off.
Memphis went on to lose the game to New Orleans.
- Kevin Hart to write, star in movie with LeBron James 0
- The Extra Pass: A Google goggle revolution dream, plus Wednesday’s recaps 3
- Wednesday night NBA Grades: LaMarcus Aldridge is a flat out stud 7
- Arena evacuated after fire, Spurs-Timberwolves game in Mexico City postponed 14
- Milwaukee police release video, cite Larry Sanders for bar fight 12
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (63)
- Report: Dion Waiters accused Kyrie Irving, Tristan Thompson of playing “buddy ball.” (53)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- With game in balance, Jason Kidd tells player to “hit me,” spills drink, gets psuedo timeout to draw up play (40)