Apr 16, 2012, 1:43 AM EDT
What makes the Memphis Grizzlies the team nobody wants to face in the playoffs is their size up front (and the balance they have with wing players like Rudy Gay).
But they got a scare with one of those big men — Marc Gasol left the Grizzlies game Sunday with 7:02 left in the fourth quarter with what is described as a hyperextended left knee, reports the Commercial Appeal. He did not return to the game and will have an MRI on Monday. Grizzlies fans will keep their fingers crossed until results are released, hoping that he doesn’t man extensive time off.
Memphis went on to lose the game to New Orleans.
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 3
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 27
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 47
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 84
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 12
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 20
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 17
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 13