Apr 16, 2012, 1:43 AM EDT
What makes the Memphis Grizzlies the team nobody wants to face in the playoffs is their size up front (and the balance they have with wing players like Rudy Gay).
But they got a scare with one of those big men — Marc Gasol left the Grizzlies game Sunday with 7:02 left in the fourth quarter with what is described as a hyperextended left knee, reports the Commercial Appeal. He did not return to the game and will have an MRI on Monday. Grizzlies fans will keep their fingers crossed until results are released, hoping that he doesn’t man extensive time off.
Memphis went on to lose the game to New Orleans.
- Jahlil Okafor: “Rookie of the Year is one of the goals I set for myself” 13
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 8
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 3
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 50