Apr 16, 2012, 1:43 AM EDT
What makes the Memphis Grizzlies the team nobody wants to face in the playoffs is their size up front (and the balance they have with wing players like Rudy Gay).
But they got a scare with one of those big men — Marc Gasol left the Grizzlies game Sunday with 7:02 left in the fourth quarter with what is described as a hyperextended left knee, reports the Commercial Appeal. He did not return to the game and will have an MRI on Monday. Grizzlies fans will keep their fingers crossed until results are released, hoping that he doesn’t man extensive time off.
Memphis went on to lose the game to New Orleans.
- Celtics owner: Rajon Rondo ‘super stubborn,’ harder than average to coach 5
- Bruce Bowen says blame for James Harden’s defense falls on McHale, Rockets 12
- NBA to review domestic violence policies in wake of NFL’s ugliness. It shouldn’t have taken that. 13
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 16
- Blake Griffin said he knew Donald Sterling was racist, wasn’t really surprised by tape 14
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Chicago Bulls 11
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 18