Apr 16, 2012, 9:04 AM EST
“I’ll definitely be back well before the playoffs.”
Um, how would you define “well before?” The Lakers have just five games remaining before the playoffs begin. Four of them are this week (and include two games against San Antonio and one Sunday against the Thunder).
The Lakers have gone 4-1 with Kobe on the bench and have played good defense while feeding their big men on offense. Ramon Sessions has found his groove. All that can help the Lakers if Kobe is integrated into it, but if his return disrupts that flow the Lakers will not last past the second round of the playoffs.
- Russell Westbrook posts third straight triple-double, Thunder lose anyway 2
- Shane Battier: ‘I think a 60-game season would be perfect’ 13
- Kyrie Irving has strained left shoulder, out Friday vs. Pacers 0
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 20
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 17
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 29
- Paul George returns to practice with Pacers, could play in couple weeks 8
- Report: LeBron James wonders why he doesn’t get more MVP consideration 41