Apr 16, 2012, 9:04 AM EDT
“I’ll definitely be back well before the playoffs.”
Um, how would you define “well before?” The Lakers have just five games remaining before the playoffs begin. Four of them are this week (and include two games against San Antonio and one Sunday against the Thunder).
The Lakers have gone 4-1 with Kobe on the bench and have played good defense while feeding their big men on offense. Ramon Sessions has found his groove. All that can help the Lakers if Kobe is integrated into it, but if his return disrupts that flow the Lakers will not last past the second round of the playoffs.
- Report: Klay Thompson’s camp ‘frustrated’ Warriors have yet to offer a max contract extension 6
- Report: Kobe Bryant viewed Dwight Howard leaving Lakers in free agency as ‘a positive’ 43
- Report: Cavaliers have had ‘zero discussion’ on contract extension with Tristan Thompson 19
- Why I am going to miss Steve Nash 26
- Victor Oladipo out indefinitely after taking elbow in practice, suffering facial fracture 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New Orleans Pelicans 10
- Five teams poised to make a big leap forward this season 5
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 70