Apr 16, 2012, 9:04 AM EDT
“I’ll definitely be back well before the playoffs.”
Um, how would you define “well before?” The Lakers have just five games remaining before the playoffs begin. Four of them are this week (and include two games against San Antonio and one Sunday against the Thunder).
The Lakers have gone 4-1 with Kobe on the bench and have played good defense while feeding their big men on offense. Ramon Sessions has found his groove. All that can help the Lakers if Kobe is integrated into it, but if his return disrupts that flow the Lakers will not last past the second round of the playoffs.
- Wizards blow out Raptors to complete first-round sweep 10
- Chris Paul scores 34 points, Clippers win Game 4 to even series with Spurs 6
- Cavaliers advance to second round – but but maybe lose Kevin Love and moral high ground in process 51
- Mike Conley out for Game 4 with “serious” facial injury, no timetable for return 6
- Grizzlies start fast, hang on to beat Portland, take 3-0 series lead 2
- Bucks outwork Bulls, stay alive on Jerryd Bayless game-winner 6
- Nets use 18-0 second-half run to secure Game 3 victory over Hawks 6
- Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle fined $25K for publicly criticizing officials after Game 3 loss to Rockets 10