Apr 16, 2012, 9:33 AM EDT
If Golden State finishes with one of the seven worst records in the NBA, they get to keep their top pick. If not, the Utah Jazz get it (via the New Jersey Nets, who got it from Golden State in the Marcus Williams trade).
As of Monday Morning, Golden State has the ninth worst record in the NBA, one game better than the seventh worst record.
The morning after scoring a game-high 30 points in a loss to Dallas, Lee had an MRI in an attempt to find the source of his pain. Friday’s MRI revealed a strained groin and a stress reaction. Team doctors told Lee if he played before his groin were fully healed, he would risk further injury.
“He wanted to play, but I’m not going to let him,” (Warriors GM Larry) Riley said. “But I told him he could hurt that thing even worse. I’m not going to let him play until he can’t hurt it anymore.”
How cynical do you feel today? You can decide for yourself if the Warriors would have had Lee play through it if the playoffs were on the line. But as they are not, and a draft pick is, better to sit the man down.
- LeBron, Durant, Kobe headline All NBA First Team 0
- It’s official: Krzyzewski back to coach Team USA through Rio Olympics 0
- Hibbert said he will speak up in future, demand to be in game at end 4
- Chris Andersen complements Heat’s Big Three so well 21
- Pacers’ coach Vogel explains decision to bench Hibbert late, says ‘we’ll probably have him in next time’ 14
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (122)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (89)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (76)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (60)
- Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- Tebow fact: He reminds Chuck Norris of Chuck Norris
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- HBT: Astros vendor fired after taking food into bathroom
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement