Apr 16, 2012, 6:08 PM EDT
Williams was a surprise late scratch due to a calf injury, tweets Ira Winderman of the Sun Sentinel. This is the same calf injury that kept Williams sidelined for four games last month, if he has aggravated it he could play little more this season (the Nets have four games left after Monday).
Wade is resting — Spoelstra has tried to keep Wade out of back-to-backs since March. For those of you scoring at home, the Heat go back-to-back again Wednesday and Thursday, so be prepared.
However LeBron James will go despite a tender ankle that he rolled a little when he fell into a fan’s lap Sunday in New York.
- Celtics owner: Rajon Rondo ‘super stubborn,’ harder than average to coach 5
- Bruce Bowen says blame for James Harden’s defense falls on McHale, Rockets 12
- NBA to review domestic violence policies in wake of NFL’s ugliness. It shouldn’t have taken that. 13
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 16
- Blake Griffin said he knew Donald Sterling was racist, wasn’t really surprised by tape 14
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Chicago Bulls 11
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 18