Apr 16, 2012, 6:08 PM EST
Williams was a surprise late scratch due to a calf injury, tweets Ira Winderman of the Sun Sentinel. This is the same calf injury that kept Williams sidelined for four games last month, if he has aggravated it he could play little more this season (the Nets have four games left after Monday).
Wade is resting — Spoelstra has tried to keep Wade out of back-to-backs since March. For those of you scoring at home, the Heat go back-to-back again Wednesday and Thursday, so be prepared.
However LeBron James will go despite a tender ankle that he rolled a little when he fell into a fan’s lap Sunday in New York.
- Knicks snap nine-game losing streak by crushing depleted Nets 0
- David Stern issues statement on passing of Nelson Mandela, players take to twitter 5
- Kobe Bryant sounds close to return, will not offer specific date 4
- Knicks and Nets might not remain so mockable for long, so enjoy it while you can 13
- Derrick Rose to those doubting his return: “You can be a fool if you want to” 13
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (38)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (36)