Apr 16, 2012, 8:09 PM EDT
Chicago has a lot of guys who are just tired and banged up — guys who need rest going into the playoffs. Luol Deng may be chief among those, as he has looked exhausted recently.
Rose is dealing with some soreness in his right foot. He participated in shootaround prior to tip-off, but it’s the same foot where he sprained an ankle in the April 8 loss to the New York Knicks in which he was making his return from a 12-game absence while rehabbing from a strained groin….
Officially Deng took a shot to the ribs in the Bulls’ last game, but really this should be as much about rest as anything else. Coach Tom Thibodeau no doubt would like to get Rose some run with the first unit to get his rhythm back, but at the end what matters more is being healthy and rested when the playoffs start.
Expect to see more of this from the Bulls as the season winds down.
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson 18
- Report: Vinny Del Negro to meet with Clippers’ owner Donald Sterling this weekend 3
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose 27
- George Hill injury jeopardizes Pacers’ identity 1
- Memphis Grizzlies have new anthem: “We Don’t Bluff” 8
- Swimmer Phelps denies comeback rumors
- PHT: Crosby's hat trick powers Penguins past Senators
- PFT: Jets' Goodson gets five gun and drug charges
- PFT: Gronk taking pre-surgery rip through Vegas
- PFT: Seahawks' Irvin suspended for violating PED policy
- Orb favored to take Preakness, set up Triple try
- What to watch for at the Preakness
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Knicks avoid elimination
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'
- Play Video: Health woes make Heat vulnerable
- Play Video: Good news for Sacramento, Kings stay