Apr 16, 2012, 8:09 PM EDT
Chicago has a lot of guys who are just tired and banged up — guys who need rest going into the playoffs. Luol Deng may be chief among those, as he has looked exhausted recently.
Rose is dealing with some soreness in his right foot. He participated in shootaround prior to tip-off, but it’s the same foot where he sprained an ankle in the April 8 loss to the New York Knicks in which he was making his return from a 12-game absence while rehabbing from a strained groin….
Officially Deng took a shot to the ribs in the Bulls’ last game, but really this should be as much about rest as anything else. Coach Tom Thibodeau no doubt would like to get Rose some run with the first unit to get his rhythm back, but at the end what matters more is being healthy and rested when the playoffs start.
Expect to see more of this from the Bulls as the season winds down.
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 6
- NBA GMs surveyed predict LeBron will win MVP, Spurs will repeat as champions 13
- Owners vote down NBA Draft lottery reform, system to stay same for this season 33
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Houston Rockets 21
- Kobe Bryant responds to ESPN article with basically a shrug (VIDEO) 15
- Paul George refutes report he didn’t want to play with Kobe Bryant: ‘Media reaching again’ 21
- PBT Extra preview: Lakers, Celtics big name teams headed to lottery 11
- Could lottery reform be bad for small market teams? Sam Presti argues yes. 23