Apr 16, 2012, 8:09 PM EDT
Chicago has a lot of guys who are just tired and banged up — guys who need rest going into the playoffs. Luol Deng may be chief among those, as he has looked exhausted recently.
Rose is dealing with some soreness in his right foot. He participated in shootaround prior to tip-off, but it’s the same foot where he sprained an ankle in the April 8 loss to the New York Knicks in which he was making his return from a 12-game absence while rehabbing from a strained groin….
Officially Deng took a shot to the ribs in the Bulls’ last game, but really this should be as much about rest as anything else. Coach Tom Thibodeau no doubt would like to get Rose some run with the first unit to get his rhythm back, but at the end what matters more is being healthy and rested when the playoffs start.
Expect to see more of this from the Bulls as the season winds down.
- USA sails past New Zealand for easy 98-71 win behind Anthony Davis, Kenneth Faried 2
- Ray Allen on making a decision about next season: “I’m not in any rush” 9
- Derrick Rose after first back-to-back in years: “I’m feeling good right now” 3
- Report: Rajon Rondo wants to start season with Celtics, see how things unfold 11
- Rajon Rondo’s agent denies they asked Celtics for a trade 14
- Team USA trails at the half, then pulls away for 98-77 win over Turkey at FIBA World Cup 19
- Report: Nike nearing deal to keep Kevin Durant for next 10 years 22
- Report: Rajon Rondo has told Celtics ‘he wants out’ 68