Apr 16, 2012, 8:09 PM EDT
Chicago has a lot of guys who are just tired and banged up — guys who need rest going into the playoffs. Luol Deng may be chief among those, as he has looked exhausted recently.
Rose is dealing with some soreness in his right foot. He participated in shootaround prior to tip-off, but it’s the same foot where he sprained an ankle in the April 8 loss to the New York Knicks in which he was making his return from a 12-game absence while rehabbing from a strained groin….
Officially Deng took a shot to the ribs in the Bulls’ last game, but really this should be as much about rest as anything else. Coach Tom Thibodeau no doubt would like to get Rose some run with the first unit to get his rhythm back, but at the end what matters more is being healthy and rested when the playoffs start.
Expect to see more of this from the Bulls as the season winds down.
- Bulls owner issues statement refuting rift between Bulls front office, Derrick Rose 4
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 17
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 45
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 89
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 61
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 30
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 43