Apr 16, 2012, 8:09 PM EDT
Chicago has a lot of guys who are just tired and banged up — guys who need rest going into the playoffs. Luol Deng may be chief among those, as he has looked exhausted recently.
Rose is dealing with some soreness in his right foot. He participated in shootaround prior to tip-off, but it’s the same foot where he sprained an ankle in the April 8 loss to the New York Knicks in which he was making his return from a 12-game absence while rehabbing from a strained groin….
Officially Deng took a shot to the ribs in the Bulls’ last game, but really this should be as much about rest as anything else. Coach Tom Thibodeau no doubt would like to get Rose some run with the first unit to get his rhythm back, but at the end what matters more is being healthy and rested when the playoffs start.
Expect to see more of this from the Bulls as the season winds down.
- LeBron struggles in Cleveland debut as Knicks stun Cavaliers 12
- LeBron, Cavaliers introduced on opening night in Cleveland (VIDEO) 2
- Dominant Pau Gasol shows he may be a perfect fit for Bulls 18
- Old tweets: Kevin Durant uses gay slurs (including at Russell Westbrook), Damian Lillard rips LeBron James 28
- Wednesday night’s NBA winners, losers: Chris Bosh wants you to know he is a No. 1 option 24
- Rajon Rondo leads Celtics to rout of Nets. How much does it mean? 10
- Bulls cruise to 24-point opening night win over Knicks 19
- Lakers’ rookie Julius Randle has surgery to repair fractured tibia, out for season 16