Apr 15, 2012, 11:54 PM EDT
You can argue if you want the Bulls should not have had to work this hard to put the Pistons away, but there are just days like that in the NBA. Plus, the Pistons will put up a fight at home, have a few quality players and are really the best bad team in the NBA.
But they don’t have Derrick Rose, and it is his three with less than 7 seconds left in the game — over the long arms of Greg Monroe — that sends the Bulls into overtime with the Pistons. The Bulls went on to get the win. They will go into the playoffs with the best record in the league, and more importantly Rose seems to be finding his footing again. They are contenders, in part because of plays like this.
- PBT Extra: Five best free agent signings in the first days of free agency 1
- Dwyane Wade agrees to one-year, $20 million deal to stay with Heat 20
- PBT Podcast: Talking best signings of free agency so far 0
- Report: Pacers agree to four-year, $44 million contract with Monta Ellis 22
- Report: Greg Monroe signing a maximum contract with Bucks 56
- Lakers, Knicks struggle on hectic first day of free agency 64
- Trail Blazers assistant coach: ‘We didn’t publicize it, but we lost LaMarcus Aldridge’ 9
- Who is left on the board after wild first day of NBA free agency? 30