Apr 15, 2012, 11:54 PM EST
You can argue if you want the Bulls should not have had to work this hard to put the Pistons away, but there are just days like that in the NBA. Plus, the Pistons will put up a fight at home, have a few quality players and are really the best bad team in the NBA.
But they don’t have Derrick Rose, and it is his three with less than 7 seconds left in the game — over the long arms of Greg Monroe — that sends the Bulls into overtime with the Pistons. The Bulls went on to get the win. They will go into the playoffs with the best record in the league, and more importantly Rose seems to be finding his footing again. They are contenders, in part because of plays like this.
- Kobe is back but loss to Raptors shows Lakers still have a lot of work to do 2
- Sunday night NBA Grades: Rudy Gay traded to Kings, Kobe returns for Lakers 1
- Expect to see facilitator Kobe in his return to Lakers 5
- Raptors trade Rudy Gay to Sacramento for multiple players 25
- Knicks lose by 41 points at home to Celtics 24
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)