Apr 15, 2012, 11:54 PM EDT
You can argue if you want the Bulls should not have had to work this hard to put the Pistons away, but there are just days like that in the NBA. Plus, the Pistons will put up a fight at home, have a few quality players and are really the best bad team in the NBA.
But they don’t have Derrick Rose, and it is his three with less than 7 seconds left in the game — over the long arms of Greg Monroe — that sends the Bulls into overtime with the Pistons. The Bulls went on to get the win. They will go into the playoffs with the best record in the league, and more importantly Rose seems to be finding his footing again. They are contenders, in part because of plays like this.
- Charlotte is scrappy but Heat have too much in comfortable 99-88 win 0
- Spurs use huge 4th quarter run to come back and win Game 1 vs. Mavericks 6
- NBA issues statement saying Chris Paul was fouled before late-game turnover against Warriors 13
- Jim Buss says he’ll step down if Lakers aren’t contenders again in ‘three to four years’ 29
- Thunder start fast, cruise to Game 1 win over Grizzlies 4