Apr 15, 2012, 11:54 PM EDT
You can argue if you want the Bulls should not have had to work this hard to put the Pistons away, but there are just days like that in the NBA. Plus, the Pistons will put up a fight at home, have a few quality players and are really the best bad team in the NBA.
But they don’t have Derrick Rose, and it is his three with less than 7 seconds left in the game — over the long arms of Greg Monroe — that sends the Bulls into overtime with the Pistons. The Bulls went on to get the win. They will go into the playoffs with the best record in the league, and more importantly Rose seems to be finding his footing again. They are contenders, in part because of plays like this.
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 32
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 47
- Team USA going small ball, but how many bigs do they keep on the bench? 4
- Report: LeBron James more popular than he ever was with the Heat 14
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 6
- Kevin Durant knows you’re talking about his free agency but isn’t giving many clues. He liked what LeBron did. 16
- Byron Scott makes ridiculous optimism sound reasonable 44
- Derrick Rose told Carmelo Anthony that if he came to Chicago “the game would be easy” 42