Apr 15, 2012, 11:54 PM EDT
You can argue if you want the Bulls should not have had to work this hard to put the Pistons away, but there are just days like that in the NBA. Plus, the Pistons will put up a fight at home, have a few quality players and are really the best bad team in the NBA.
But they don’t have Derrick Rose, and it is his three with less than 7 seconds left in the game — over the long arms of Greg Monroe — that sends the Bulls into overtime with the Pistons. The Bulls went on to get the win. They will go into the playoffs with the best record in the league, and more importantly Rose seems to be finding his footing again. They are contenders, in part because of plays like this.
- PBT Extra preview: Lakers, Celtics big name teams headed to lottery 8
- Could lottery reform be bad for small market teams? Sam Presti argues yes. 13
- LeBron James and his difficult-to-assess super teams 21
- Kevin Durant on return: “I’m not going to rush it all” 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 preview: Dallas Mavericks 6
- LeBron James: “(The Bulls) are a team that’s much better than us right now just off chemistry” 36
- Has Kobe Bryant cost the Lakers Dwight Howard, Carmelo Anthony, Paul George and others? 88
- Five favorites to win NBA 2014-15 MVP 22