Apr 13, 2012, 1:36 PM EST
The swelling Ray Allen’s ankle is bad enough that he will be out Saturday, but it’s not so bad that Celtics fans should be all that concerned.
That’s basically what Doc Rivers said Friday. From our man A. Sherrod Blakely at CSNNE.com:
Allen did not travel with the team for tonight’s game against the Raptors, but there was a chance that he might re-join the team in time for Saturday’s game against the Nets. Rivers doesn’t believe that’ll happen.
“Probably not Jersey,” Rivers said when asked about Allen’s return. “But we’ll see after that….
“It’s not that serious,” Rivers said. “It’s just swelling.” He added, “that’s what the doctor’s keep saying. So that makes me feel better about it.”
We could discuss how swelling is the body’s way of protecting an area when something is wrong, but we’ll just let that slide and go with Rivers saying it’s not that serious.
My take is if this were the playoffs Allen would be taping it up and getting ready to go, but when we are talking the Raptors and Nets what is the rush? Get it right for when the games do matter.
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 19
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 16
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 29
- Paul George returns to practice with Pacers, could play in couple weeks 8
- Report: LeBron James wonders why he doesn’t get more MVP consideration 41
- Would Rajon Rondo leave the Mavericks for the Lakers? 61
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: The Spurs losing rodeo road trip a bad sign 14
- PBT Extra: What is future for Derrick Rose? Bulls? 13