Apr 13, 2012, 1:36 PM EDT
The swelling Ray Allen’s ankle is bad enough that he will be out Saturday, but it’s not so bad that Celtics fans should be all that concerned.
That’s basically what Doc Rivers said Friday. From our man A. Sherrod Blakely at CSNNE.com:
Allen did not travel with the team for tonight’s game against the Raptors, but there was a chance that he might re-join the team in time for Saturday’s game against the Nets. Rivers doesn’t believe that’ll happen.
“Probably not Jersey,” Rivers said when asked about Allen’s return. “But we’ll see after that….
“It’s not that serious,” Rivers said. “It’s just swelling.” He added, “that’s what the doctor’s keep saying. So that makes me feel better about it.”
We could discuss how swelling is the body’s way of protecting an area when something is wrong, but we’ll just let that slide and go with Rivers saying it’s not that serious.
My take is if this were the playoffs Allen would be taping it up and getting ready to go, but when we are talking the Raptors and Nets what is the rush? Get it right for when the games do matter.
- PBT Extra: Five best free agent signings in the first days of free agency 7
- Dwyane Wade agrees to one-year, $20 million deal to stay with Heat 52
- PBT Podcast: Talking best signings of free agency so far 0
- Report: Pacers agree to four-year, $44 million contract with Monta Ellis 22
- Report: Greg Monroe signing a maximum contract with Bucks 56
- Lakers, Knicks struggle on hectic first day of free agency 64
- Trail Blazers assistant coach: ‘We didn’t publicize it, but we lost LaMarcus Aldridge’ 9
- Who is left on the board after wild first day of NBA free agency? 31