Apr 13, 2012, 1:36 PM EDT
The swelling Ray Allen’s ankle is bad enough that he will be out Saturday, but it’s not so bad that Celtics fans should be all that concerned.
That’s basically what Doc Rivers said Friday. From our man A. Sherrod Blakely at CSNNE.com:
Allen did not travel with the team for tonight’s game against the Raptors, but there was a chance that he might re-join the team in time for Saturday’s game against the Nets. Rivers doesn’t believe that’ll happen.
“Probably not Jersey,” Rivers said when asked about Allen’s return. “But we’ll see after that….
“It’s not that serious,” Rivers said. “It’s just swelling.” He added, “that’s what the doctor’s keep saying. So that makes me feel better about it.”
We could discuss how swelling is the body’s way of protecting an area when something is wrong, but we’ll just let that slide and go with Rivers saying it’s not that serious.
My take is if this were the playoffs Allen would be taping it up and getting ready to go, but when we are talking the Raptors and Nets what is the rush? Get it right for when the games do matter.
- Cavs GM: It’s “highly unlikely” Kevin Love returns at all in playoffs, even if Cavs make Finals 19
- No Kevin Love, no J.R. Smith to start, how much trouble is Cleveland in? 19
- PBT Extra: Who wins Game 5 between Spurs, Clippers? Flip a coin. 6
- PBT Extra: Rockets must adjust to new Mavericks starting lineup in Game 5 10
- Portland comes from 10 down in fourth quarter to win 99-92, stay alive in series 5
- Bucks stay alive behind big backcourt performance to force Game 6 vs. Bulls 25
- Incredible 35-point performance from Deron Williams leads Nets to overtime Game 4 win over Hawks 11
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Wizard’s defense peaking at right time 2