Apr 13, 2012, 1:36 PM EDT
The swelling Ray Allen’s ankle is bad enough that he will be out Saturday, but it’s not so bad that Celtics fans should be all that concerned.
That’s basically what Doc Rivers said Friday. From our man A. Sherrod Blakely at CSNNE.com:
Allen did not travel with the team for tonight’s game against the Raptors, but there was a chance that he might re-join the team in time for Saturday’s game against the Nets. Rivers doesn’t believe that’ll happen.
“Probably not Jersey,” Rivers said when asked about Allen’s return. “But we’ll see after that….
“It’s not that serious,” Rivers said. “It’s just swelling.” He added, “that’s what the doctor’s keep saying. So that makes me feel better about it.”
We could discuss how swelling is the body’s way of protecting an area when something is wrong, but we’ll just let that slide and go with Rivers saying it’s not that serious.
My take is if this were the playoffs Allen would be taping it up and getting ready to go, but when we are talking the Raptors and Nets what is the rush? Get it right for when the games do matter.
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 11
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 23
- Shelly Sterling beats Donald Sterling in court, clears sale of Clippers to Steve Ballmer 63
- Report: Timberwolves have talked to Sixers about Thaddeus Young as Kevin Love replacement 26
- All eyes on Derrick Rose as USA Basketball mini-camp begins 22
- Klay Thompson doesn’t anticipate being traded, says he expects to play with Warriors next season 10
- PBT Power Rankings: After summer shakeups, Spurs still team to beat 50
- Report: ‘No chance’ Kevin Love stays with Timberwolves 65