Apr 13, 2012, 1:36 PM EDT
The swelling Ray Allen’s ankle is bad enough that he will be out Saturday, but it’s not so bad that Celtics fans should be all that concerned.
That’s basically what Doc Rivers said Friday. From our man A. Sherrod Blakely at CSNNE.com:
Allen did not travel with the team for tonight’s game against the Raptors, but there was a chance that he might re-join the team in time for Saturday’s game against the Nets. Rivers doesn’t believe that’ll happen.
“Probably not Jersey,” Rivers said when asked about Allen’s return. “But we’ll see after that….
“It’s not that serious,” Rivers said. “It’s just swelling.” He added, “that’s what the doctor’s keep saying. So that makes me feel better about it.”
We could discuss how swelling is the body’s way of protecting an area when something is wrong, but we’ll just let that slide and go with Rivers saying it’s not that serious.
My take is if this were the playoffs Allen would be taping it up and getting ready to go, but when we are talking the Raptors and Nets what is the rush? Get it right for when the games do matter.
- Cavaliers GM admits concerns about rim protection on defense 4
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 6
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 6
- Cavaliers sold Kyrie Irving on contract extension with LeBron James-Kevin Love plan 34
- Kevin Love says Timberwolves owner should focus on his own team following trade to Cavaliers 35
- Iman Shumpert excited to play in triangle offense because he won’t just have to stand in the corner 9
- Timberwolves owner: Kevin Love might regret trade because he’ll be third banana with Cavaliers 48
- Anthony Davis and Kenneth Faried lead Team USA in final World Cup tune-up 20