Apr 13, 2012, 11:15 AM EST
Way back in the Summer of 2010, Lamar Odom was a key part of Team USA winning the FIBA World Championships — his versatile game blends in beautifully with the international style of basketball. He can knock down threes or play in the post, and the things that make him a tough cover in the NBA make him tough on the international stage.
So when USA Basketball released its 21 finalists for the London Olympics, Odom was deservedly on the list.
But his poor play and issues this past season in Dallas — which led to the Mavericks basically asking him to just go away — has led to him falling out of consideration for a spot in London, reports Chris Tomasson at Fox Sports Florida.
And a source said that forward Lamar Odom, who had a poor season and has been made inactive by Dallas for the rest of the season due to squabbles with the team, has been eliminated from Olympic consideration.
Also he notes that Chauncey Billups was on the original list but his Achilles injury will keep him out of the games also.
No real shock with the Odom news, just another sign of how far he has fallen this season.
- The Extra Pass: Bucks are bad, and that’s good; plus Wednesday’s recaps 4
- Wednesday night NBA grades: Amar’e Stoudemire played well? Yes. Yes he did. 11
- Report: D.J. Augustin reaches deal with Chicago Bulls 4
- PBT Extra: Talking Pacers win over Heat; Aldridge vs. Howard showdown 13
- Kidd says he is reading Frank’s “reports” as details of Nets coaching mess come public 14
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (62)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (55)
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat (49)
- Raptors trade Rudy Gay to Sacramento for multiple players (47)
- Adam Silver: NBA to consider doing away with divisions (38)