Apr 13, 2012, 11:15 AM EDT
Way back in the Summer of 2010, Lamar Odom was a key part of Team USA winning the FIBA World Championships — his versatile game blends in beautifully with the international style of basketball. He can knock down threes or play in the post, and the things that make him a tough cover in the NBA make him tough on the international stage.
So when USA Basketball released its 21 finalists for the London Olympics, Odom was deservedly on the list.
But his poor play and issues this past season in Dallas — which led to the Mavericks basically asking him to just go away — has led to him falling out of consideration for a spot in London, reports Chris Tomasson at Fox Sports Florida.
And a source said that forward Lamar Odom, who had a poor season and has been made inactive by Dallas for the rest of the season due to squabbles with the team, has been eliminated from Olympic consideration.
Also he notes that Chauncey Billups was on the original list but his Achilles injury will keep him out of the games also.
No real shock with the Odom news, just another sign of how far he has fallen this season.
- Elimination game Josh Smith is a thing, Rockets live to play another day 5
- Rockets show it’s better to have James Harden than to not have Stephen Curry 6
- Stephen Curry leaves game after taking a hard fall, cleared to return (VIDEO) 10
- Rumor: Paul Pierce might opt out of contract with Wizards, join Clippers 18
- Golden State Warriors vs. Houston Rockets Game 4: Three things to watch from Houston 9
- LeBron James posts triple-double, Al Horford ejected as Cavaliers take 3-0 series lead with OT Game 3 win over Hawks 30
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 31