Apr 13, 2012, 11:15 AM EDT
Way back in the Summer of 2010, Lamar Odom was a key part of Team USA winning the FIBA World Championships — his versatile game blends in beautifully with the international style of basketball. He can knock down threes or play in the post, and the things that make him a tough cover in the NBA make him tough on the international stage.
So when USA Basketball released its 21 finalists for the London Olympics, Odom was deservedly on the list.
But his poor play and issues this past season in Dallas — which led to the Mavericks basically asking him to just go away — has led to him falling out of consideration for a spot in London, reports Chris Tomasson at Fox Sports Florida.
And a source said that forward Lamar Odom, who had a poor season and has been made inactive by Dallas for the rest of the season due to squabbles with the team, has been eliminated from Olympic consideration.
Also he notes that Chauncey Billups was on the original list but his Achilles injury will keep him out of the games also.
No real shock with the Odom news, just another sign of how far he has fallen this season.
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks 18
- Roy Hibbert with the monster block on a dunk attempt from Carmelo Anthony (VIDEO) 18
- Nate Robinson unlikely to return to Bulls next season 11
- Preview: Knicks try to continue longshot comeback in Indiana 8
- George Hill cleared to play for Pacers in Game 6 vs. Knicks 10
- Knicks predictably drop Game 4 to Pacers, fall behind 3-1 (93)
- LeBron James shrugs off claims he’s a flopper (64)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (64)
- Seattle group releases statement; forced to wait, hope for expansion (63)
- Bad shooting night for Bulls dooms them in game Game 4. And series. (62)
- Oxbow upsets Orb in Preakness
- PBT: Pacers top Knicks, punch ticket to conf. finals
- MST: Carpenter wins pole for 97th Indianapolis 500
- PHT: Couture strikes in OT, lifting Sharks in Game 3
- PHT: Red Wings even up series with Blackhawks
- PBT: Pacers may not have Hill for Game 6
- PHT: No surgery needed for Staal after brutal hit
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Knicks avoid elimination
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'
- Play Video: Health woes make Heat vulnerable
- Play Video: Good news for Sacramento, Kings stay