Apr 13, 2012, 10:59 PM EDT
Update: Seemingly good news, as the L.A. Times reports that Brown is expected back for the Lakers’ game Sunday against Dallas.
Lakers.com reports L.A. head coach Mike Brown left Staples Center Friday night prior to the Lakers’ game against the Denver Nuggets with what Lakers.com are describing as personal reasons. Assistant head coach John Kuester took over for Brown, his first game as acting head coach since being fired by the Pistons.
The Lakers were already short-handed against the Nuggets with Kobe Bryant missing yet another game with a painful shin injury. The Los Angeles Times reports that Brown was available for a pre-game media session before departing suddenly as Kuester took over. We’ll update you if further details become available. You certainly have to hope that all’s well for Brown and his family.
- Report: Kevin Durant considering Knicks, being recruited by Carmelo Anthony 46
- Markieff Morris: “My future will not be in Phoenix” 33
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 34
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 52
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 7
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18