Apr 13, 2012, 10:59 PM EDT
Update: Seemingly good news, as the L.A. Times reports that Brown is expected back for the Lakers’ game Sunday against Dallas.
Lakers.com reports L.A. head coach Mike Brown left Staples Center Friday night prior to the Lakers’ game against the Denver Nuggets with what Lakers.com are describing as personal reasons. Assistant head coach John Kuester took over for Brown, his first game as acting head coach since being fired by the Pistons.
The Lakers were already short-handed against the Nuggets with Kobe Bryant missing yet another game with a painful shin injury. The Los Angeles Times reports that Brown was available for a pre-game media session before departing suddenly as Kuester took over. We’ll update you if further details become available. You certainly have to hope that all’s well for Brown and his family.
- Kevin Durant says he’d ‘love to’ stay with Thunder his entire career, wants his jersey retired in OKC 0
- Anthony Davis says James Harden should be MVP 17
- Stop judging J.J. Redick by his Duke days if you haven’t already 6
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 12
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 4
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 7