Apr 13, 2012, 10:59 PM EDT
Update: Seemingly good news, as the L.A. Times reports that Brown is expected back for the Lakers’ game Sunday against Dallas.
Lakers.com reports L.A. head coach Mike Brown left Staples Center Friday night prior to the Lakers’ game against the Denver Nuggets with what Lakers.com are describing as personal reasons. Assistant head coach John Kuester took over for Brown, his first game as acting head coach since being fired by the Pistons.
The Lakers were already short-handed against the Nuggets with Kobe Bryant missing yet another game with a painful shin injury. The Los Angeles Times reports that Brown was available for a pre-game media session before departing suddenly as Kuester took over. We’ll update you if further details become available. You certainly have to hope that all’s well for Brown and his family.
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 0
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 24
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 8
- Kobe Bryant says he will not be same player as before, says he’s evolved into something equally good 19
- Report: Agent for Greg Monroe pursued sign-and-trade deals with five teams, including Thunder and Blazers 25
- Derrick Rose sits out another Team USA practice, not likely to start Wednesday 21
- DeMarcus Cousins practices with team USA Tuesday, says he’s 50-50 for Wednesday game 2
- Jim Boeheim says of Carmelo Anthony, “it would have been better to go to Chicago” 31