Apr 13, 2012, 10:59 PM EDT
Update: Seemingly good news, as the L.A. Times reports that Brown is expected back for the Lakers’ game Sunday against Dallas.
Lakers.com reports L.A. head coach Mike Brown left Staples Center Friday night prior to the Lakers’ game against the Denver Nuggets with what Lakers.com are describing as personal reasons. Assistant head coach John Kuester took over for Brown, his first game as acting head coach since being fired by the Pistons.
The Lakers were already short-handed against the Nuggets with Kobe Bryant missing yet another game with a painful shin injury. The Los Angeles Times reports that Brown was available for a pre-game media session before departing suddenly as Kuester took over. We’ll update you if further details become available. You certainly have to hope that all’s well for Brown and his family.
- Bulls owner issues statement refuting rift between Bulls front office, Derrick Rose 11
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 17
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 49
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 89
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 61
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 30
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 43