Apr 13, 2012, 10:59 PM EDT
Update: Seemingly good news, as the L.A. Times reports that Brown is expected back for the Lakers’ game Sunday against Dallas.
Lakers.com reports L.A. head coach Mike Brown left Staples Center Friday night prior to the Lakers’ game against the Denver Nuggets with what Lakers.com are describing as personal reasons. Assistant head coach John Kuester took over for Brown, his first game as acting head coach since being fired by the Pistons.
The Lakers were already short-handed against the Nuggets with Kobe Bryant missing yet another game with a painful shin injury. The Los Angeles Times reports that Brown was available for a pre-game media session before departing suddenly as Kuester took over. We’ll update you if further details become available. You certainly have to hope that all’s well for Brown and his family.
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 7
- Cavs’ improved defense deserves credit for commanding 2-0 Eastern Conference Finals lead 22
- No Kyrie Irving, no problem: Cavaliers cruise to blowout Game 2 win over Hawks 23
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 2 vs. Hawks 6
- PBT Extra: Klay Thompson’s done well, but Warriors should throw other defenders at James Harden, too 5
- PBT Extra: Give Warriors defense some credit for stop of Harden on last play 0
- Lakers general manager says Kobe Bryant told him next season will be Kobe’s last with Lakers 20
- For two games James Harden has been brilliant, but that’s not what anybody is talking about 26