Apr 13, 2012, 2:48 PM EDT
He also would not speculate on if Kobe will be available for Sunday’s national television game against the Mavericks, according to Mike Trudell of Lakers.com. The game after that for the Lakers is Tuesday night against a Spurs team the Lakers beat without Kobe on Wednesday.
The Lakers could use Kobe as they fight for playoff positioning. Currently the Lakers are the three seed in the West, one game up on the Clippers. The concern is that the Memphis Grizzlies — playing as well as any team in the league right now and the squad everyone is trying to avoid in the first round — is the five seed. Whoever finishes second between the Lakers and Clippers likely gets Memphis in the first round. So the Lakers are feeling pressure to keep winning, with or without their star.
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- LeBron James: “I just have to play better” (77)
- Heat’s Big Three dominate Game 4 to even the Finals at two games apiece (74)
- Report: Clippers, Celtics talks to send Garnett, Rivers to L.A. stalled (72)
- If Spurs win, it is LeBron’s legacy that will take biggest hit (68)
- Can Heat focus enough to avoid elimination?
- CSN: Bruins' defense never rests in Game 3 win
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- PFT: Freed Johnson wants second chance in NFL
- PBT: Judges rules Iverson did not kidnap children
- PFT: Rodgers says Packers' moves a 'wake-up call'
- PFT: Beckham turned down chance to kick in NFL
- Play Video: Bosh: 'We'll see who hits first'
- Play Video: PBT Extra: LeBron's legacy at stake, Duncan's safe
- Play Video: Clippers, Celtics discussions 'can't be wrong'
- Play Video: Elliot looks ahead to Game 6
- Play Video: The Hype: How much would you pay to punch someone?
- Play Video: If Heat lose, 'all hell will break loose'