Apr 13, 2012, 2:48 PM EST
He also would not speculate on if Kobe will be available for Sunday’s national television game against the Mavericks, according to Mike Trudell of Lakers.com. The game after that for the Lakers is Tuesday night against a Spurs team the Lakers beat without Kobe on Wednesday.
The Lakers could use Kobe as they fight for playoff positioning. Currently the Lakers are the three seed in the West, one game up on the Clippers. The concern is that the Memphis Grizzlies — playing as well as any team in the league right now and the squad everyone is trying to avoid in the first round — is the five seed. Whoever finishes second between the Lakers and Clippers likely gets Memphis in the first round. So the Lakers are feeling pressure to keep winning, with or without their star.
- Kobe is back but loss to Raptors shows Lakers still have a lot of work to do 2
- Sunday night NBA Grades: Rudy Gay traded to Kings, Kobe returns for Lakers 1
- Expect to see facilitator Kobe in his return to Lakers 5
- Raptors trade Rudy Gay to Sacramento for multiple players 25
- Knicks lose by 41 points at home to Celtics 24
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (52)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)