Apr 13, 2012, 5:10 PM EDT
When he played at the start of the season and was healthy, Andrea Bargnani looked like an All-Star and former No. 1 pick… then he got a calf injury that kept him out for most of the season. He returned and struggled but had started to find his stroke again at points (he dropped 30 on the Bobcats April 3).
But his calf had given him problems again lately, he had missed the last two games, and now the Raptors have decided to shut him down for the season, the team announced. It was not work the risk to aggravate the injury when the Raptors are not going to the playoffs. There was no reason to push through it.
For the season, Bargnani averaged 19.5 points in the 31 games he played, shooting 43.2 percent overall and 29 percent from three. Bargnani will be back with the Raptors, he has three years remaining on his current deal.
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 3
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 23
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 20
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 4
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 17
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 13