Apr 13, 2012, 5:10 PM EDT
When he played at the start of the season and was healthy, Andrea Bargnani looked like an All-Star and former No. 1 pick… then he got a calf injury that kept him out for most of the season. He returned and struggled but had started to find his stroke again at points (he dropped 30 on the Bobcats April 3).
But his calf had given him problems again lately, he had missed the last two games, and now the Raptors have decided to shut him down for the season, the team announced. It was not work the risk to aggravate the injury when the Raptors are not going to the playoffs. There was no reason to push through it.
For the season, Bargnani averaged 19.5 points in the 31 games he played, shooting 43.2 percent overall and 29 percent from three. Bargnani will be back with the Raptors, he has three years remaining on his current deal.
- LeBron James gets another triple-double, now favorite for Finals MVP 6
- A ‘devastated’ Manu Ginobili says he has no clue how Spurs will re-energize in time for Game 7 16
- Spurs execution fails them when it matters most. Can they get it back for Game 7? 7
- Heat force a Finals Game 7 with thrilling overtime win over Spurs 13
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 100
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat comeback in fourth, win in overtime to force Game 7 (101)
- If Spurs win, it is LeBron’s legacy that will take biggest hit (83)
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- LeBron James: “I just have to play better” (78)
- Heat’s Big Three dominate Game 4 to even the Finals at two games apiece (74)
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Patriots' Hernandez questioned in murder investigation
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- HBT: Mets' Wheeler goes six scoreless in MLB debut
- Lolo Jones' attempt at humor backfires
- Play Video: Bosh: 'We'll see who hits first'
- Play Video: PBT Extra: LeBron's legacy at stake, Duncan's safe
- Play Video: Clippers, Celtics discussions 'can't be wrong'
- Play Video: Elliot looks ahead to Game 6
- Play Video: The Hype: How much would you pay to punch someone?
- Play Video: If Heat lose, 'all hell will break loose'