Apr 13, 2012, 5:10 PM EDT
When he played at the start of the season and was healthy, Andrea Bargnani looked like an All-Star and former No. 1 pick… then he got a calf injury that kept him out for most of the season. He returned and struggled but had started to find his stroke again at points (he dropped 30 on the Bobcats April 3).
But his calf had given him problems again lately, he had missed the last two games, and now the Raptors have decided to shut him down for the season, the team announced. It was not work the risk to aggravate the injury when the Raptors are not going to the playoffs. There was no reason to push through it.
For the season, Bargnani averaged 19.5 points in the 31 games he played, shooting 43.2 percent overall and 29 percent from three. Bargnani will be back with the Raptors, he has three years remaining on his current deal.
- Report: Grizzlies guard Nick Calathes suspended 20 games for violating NBA’s anti-drug policy 8
- NBA Playoff Preview: Dallas Mavericks vs. San Antonio Spurs 4
- PBT Podcast: NBA playoff preview edition 2
- NBA Playoff Preview: Memphis Grizzlies vs. Oklahoma City Thunder 7
- NBA Playoff Preview: Houston Rockets vs. Portland Trail Blazers 16