Apr 13, 2012, 5:10 PM EST
When he played at the start of the season and was healthy, Andrea Bargnani looked like an All-Star and former No. 1 pick… then he got a calf injury that kept him out for most of the season. He returned and struggled but had started to find his stroke again at points (he dropped 30 on the Bobcats April 3).
But his calf had given him problems again lately, he had missed the last two games, and now the Raptors have decided to shut him down for the season, the team announced. It was not work the risk to aggravate the injury when the Raptors are not going to the playoffs. There was no reason to push through it.
For the season, Bargnani averaged 19.5 points in the 31 games he played, shooting 43.2 percent overall and 29 percent from three. Bargnani will be back with the Raptors, he has three years remaining on his current deal.
- Nuggets Danilo Gallinari has meniscus tear in right knee, to have season-ending surgery 0
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 14
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 12
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 10
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 18
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 59
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 8
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 8