Apr 13, 2012, 10:02 AM EDT
What you missed while debating if you would give up sex for internet access…
Bulls 96, Heat 86 (OT): Neither team looked like a playoff title contender, but this win moves the Bulls four games up on the Heat and pretty much cements them in as the top seed in the East. Our own Brett Pollakoff broke this game down for us.
Spurs 107, Grizzlies 97: Remember that whole thing we said after the Spurs loss to the Lakers about San Antonio not being able to handle big front lines? Maybe we shouldn’t go too far down that road yet. San Antonio took charge in the third quarter behind Tim Duncan (who scored 14 of his 28 points in the third) and Manu Ginobili. Duncan was on fire and the Spurs started running isolation plays to set him up against Marc Gasol, and it worked. The Grizzlies made an 11-0 run in the fourth, but it wasn’t enough.
Clippers 95, Timberwolves 82: No Kevin Love (concussion), no Ricky Rubio, no Luke Ridnour, and yet the Timberwolves led for much of the first half. But the Clippers opened the second half on a 19-5 run and pulled away for an easy win (and one they need in the race between them and the Lakers to avoid Memphis in the first round). Blake Griffin was attacking the rim (19 points, 13 rebounds) while Randy Foye and Caron Butler were knocking down threes. Nikola Pekovic led the Timberwolves with 17 points.
Pistons 109, Bobcats 85: Charlotte has lost three games at home in a row by more than 20 points. They are just terrible, particularly on defense. Greg Monroe scored 25 points and grabbed 11 rebounds for the Pistons.
Mavericks 112, Warriors 103: Big win for Dallas as this gives them a little cushion in the playoff race. Dallas seemed to be running away with this and Dirk Nowitzki was knocking down everything (he finished with 27 points). But with a run at the end of the third into the fourth, the Warriors cut it to three and tried to make a game of it, but the Mavericks bench led by Brandan Wright (16 points).
- Kevin Durant says he’d ‘love to’ stay with Thunder his entire career, wants his jersey retired in OKC 11
- Anthony Davis says James Harden should be MVP 20
- Stop judging J.J. Redick by his Duke days if you haven’t already 7
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 12
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 5
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 7