Apr 12, 2012, 1:56 AM EDT
This play is so fantastically Chris Paul.
He dribbles out as much clock as he can, not starting his move until there is 5 seconds left. He goes away from the pick so as not to go into the trap. He gets around his man then makes a little ball fake like he might pass to Caron Butler in the corner to freeze Russell Westbrook just enough. Then he hits the pretty little rainbow floater over the big man help.
Great shot, huge 100-98 win for the Clippers (on a night the Lakers and Grizzlies both won, keeping the middle of the Western Conference tight and the “I don’t want to face Memphis in the first round” dance between the two Los Angeles teams going).
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 19
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 71
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 12
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 16
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 16
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 13
- Report: Sixers, Nuggets or Celtics could become third team in Kevin Love trade to Cavaliers 48
- Five biggest surprises from Summer League 14