Apr 12, 2012, 1:56 AM EDT
This play is so fantastically Chris Paul.
He dribbles out as much clock as he can, not starting his move until there is 5 seconds left. He goes away from the pick so as not to go into the trap. He gets around his man then makes a little ball fake like he might pass to Caron Butler in the corner to freeze Russell Westbrook just enough. Then he hits the pretty little rainbow floater over the big man help.
Great shot, huge 100-98 win for the Clippers (on a night the Lakers and Grizzlies both won, keeping the middle of the Western Conference tight and the “I don’t want to face Memphis in the first round” dance between the two Los Angeles teams going).
- Tuesday NBA grades: Chris Paul looks playoff ready 0
- Carmelo Anthony has torn labrum, Knicks shut him down for season 13
- Celtics’ legend Cedric Maxwell stood in location of Boston Marathon bombing just minutes before 1
- 2014 PBT Awards: Executive of the Year 25
- Playoff Chase: We know all 16 teams going to dance, who dances with whom still up in air 13