Apr 12, 2012, 1:56 AM EDT
This play is so fantastically Chris Paul.
He dribbles out as much clock as he can, not starting his move until there is 5 seconds left. He goes away from the pick so as not to go into the trap. He gets around his man then makes a little ball fake like he might pass to Caron Butler in the corner to freeze Russell Westbrook just enough. Then he hits the pretty little rainbow floater over the big man help.
Great shot, huge 100-98 win for the Clippers (on a night the Lakers and Grizzlies both won, keeping the middle of the Western Conference tight and the “I don’t want to face Memphis in the first round” dance between the two Los Angeles teams going).
- James Harden and Dwight Howard show Mavericks what they’re missing in Rockets’ Game 1 win 6
- Derrick Rose looks like his old self as Bulls beat Bucks in Game 1 11
- Warriors strong enough to outlast Anthony Davis and Pelicans in Game 1 5
- Paul Pierce leads Wizards to overtime Game 1 win over Raptors 5
- Q&A: Corey Brewer on trade from Timberwolves, his 51-point game, Harden’s MVP case, Rockets vs. Mavericks 3
- PBT First Round Playoff Previews: Los Angeles Clippers vs. San Antonio Spurs 10
- Why the 2015 NBA playoffs feel wide open – but probably shouldn’t 6
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 3