Apr 12, 2012, 1:56 AM EDT
This play is so fantastically Chris Paul.
He dribbles out as much clock as he can, not starting his move until there is 5 seconds left. He goes away from the pick so as not to go into the trap. He gets around his man then makes a little ball fake like he might pass to Caron Butler in the corner to freeze Russell Westbrook just enough. Then he hits the pretty little rainbow floater over the big man help.
Great shot, huge 100-98 win for the Clippers (on a night the Lakers and Grizzlies both won, keeping the middle of the Western Conference tight and the “I don’t want to face Memphis in the first round” dance between the two Los Angeles teams going).
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 4
- Kevin Durant calls Allen Iverson “pound for pound” best ever 19
- PBT Extra: What players looked good at World Cup? 4
- Time for FIBA/NBA to adopt soccer model: Only one major tournament every four years 16
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Brooklyn Nets 3
- Five lessons learned from the FIBA World Cup 10
- USA celebrates gold medal with lots of dancing (except Derrick Rose) 12
- Too much World Cup MVP Kyrie Irving for Serbia to handle as USA wins gold easily 129-92 28