Apr 12, 2012, 1:56 AM EDT
This play is so fantastically Chris Paul.
He dribbles out as much clock as he can, not starting his move until there is 5 seconds left. He goes away from the pick so as not to go into the trap. He gets around his man then makes a little ball fake like he might pass to Caron Butler in the corner to freeze Russell Westbrook just enough. Then he hits the pretty little rainbow floater over the big man help.
Great shot, huge 100-98 win for the Clippers (on a night the Lakers and Grizzlies both won, keeping the middle of the Western Conference tight and the “I don’t want to face Memphis in the first round” dance between the two Los Angeles teams going).
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 31
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8
- Kobe, Shaq discuss regrets over feud that ended their Lakers era 52