Apr 12, 2012, 11:28 AM EDT
Here is our daily look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• A fantastic look from David Thorpe about what the Bobcats need in the draft. No, he didn’t just write “everything.” Or just “Anthony Davis,” although they certainly could use him.
• Boston’s Mickael Pietrus on what he did to get his brain healthy after the concussion: “”Just take the brain out, make it lift weights, put it on the treadmill, put it back in. Fix it.’’
• If you think NBA officiating is bad, check out this video from a Russian league.
• Very smart people like Kelly Dwyer at Ball Don’t Lie are not as convinced as I that the Celtics could come out of the East. (I still think they need everything to go perfectly but it could happen.)
• A look at all the options before the owners as they start to deal with the Sacramento Kings and their arena situation Thursday.
• Here’s a profile of Jerry Colangelo, the guy behind Team USA now.
• Ryan Reid, who played in five games for the Thunder this season, has signed a contract to play in Puerto Rico.
- Bulls owner issues statement refuting rift between Bulls front office, Derrick Rose 12
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 17
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 49
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 89
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 61
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 30
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 43