Apr 12, 2012, 8:02 AM EST
Kevin Love spent the night in a Denver area hospital as a precaution following him leaving Wednesday night’s game in the first quarter with a mild concussion and neck strain.
While the team called it “mild” and said it was not serious, Love must now go through the league’s concussion protocol and be cleared by the league neurologist to step on the court again. It seems unlikely that he will play Thursday when the Wolves take on the Clippers. If he misses any significant time (a week or more) would the team just shut him down for the season?
The injury happened on a fluke play — JaVale McGee caught a pass as he moved into the lane and when turned square up and shoot he inadvertently elbowed Love in the head. Love stayed down on the court for several minutes before being helped to his feet. He went directly to the locker room and did not return to the game.
Since the All-Star break Love has been putting up huge numbers, including averaging 29 points a game. However this fits in with the Timberwolves luck this season — they have already lost Ricky Rubio and Luke Ridnour to injuries.
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 26
- Paul George returns to practice with Pacers, could play in couple weeks 7
- Report: LeBron James wonders why he doesn’t get more MVP consideration 39
- Would Rajon Rondo leave the Mavericks for the Lakers? 57
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: The Spurs losing rodeo road trip a bad sign 11
- PBT Extra: What is future for Derrick Rose? Bulls? 13
- Mavericks suspend Rajon Rondo one game after argument with coach Rick Carlisle 43
- Derrick Rose is hurt again. Where do the Bulls go from here? 28