Apr 12, 2012, 9:59 PM EDT
Despite the fact he is coming off knee surgery, and that along with recent back spasms have limited him to playing in just five games this season, Eric Gordon promises to be very popular this summer.
He will be a restricted free agent. And he is considered one of the (if not THE) best up and coming two guards in the league. A lot of teams will have interest, reports Sam Amick at Sports Illustrated.
Sources close to the situation said Indiana, Phoenix, Portland and Dallas are among the teams with interest in Gordon.
But the Hornets can match any offer. And it’s hard to imagine the new ownership group — whoever it ends up being — would not match any offer for an up-and-coming star they can market in the community.
And for his part, Gordon tells Amick he really likes it there.
“The first thing I’d say is that we have a very underrated coach,” Gordon said by phone on Tuesday. “He’s one of the best coaches out there, and we’re definitely an underrated team. I know our record [16-42] doesn’t speak for itself, but I’ve been out more than half the season. The Hornets really do have good fans, too. I really can’t say too many negatives about it.
“Overall, it’s better than what people probably would think if they hadn’t lived here. It’s been enjoyable.”
Glad he likes it, because he is going to be there a while.
- Tony ‘First Team All-Defense’ Allen and Mike ‘Masked Assassin’ Conley lead Grizzlies to Game 2 win over Warriors 9
- Hawks unimpressive, but pull away late for Game 2 win over Wizards 5
- Mike Conley playing Game 2 against Warriors tonight 0
- John Wall out for Wizards-Hawks Game 2 tonight 3
- PBT Extra: Will Doc Rivers sit Chris Paul in Game 2? 0
- Tony Allen on MVP Stephen Curry: “It ain’t nothing I ain’t never seen before” 23
- PBT Extra: Grizzlies searching for answers, Mike Conley in Game 2 3
- PBT Extra: Hawks need to lean on starters more, hit open looks in Game 2 0