Apr 12, 2012, 9:59 PM EST
Despite the fact he is coming off knee surgery, and that along with recent back spasms have limited him to playing in just five games this season, Eric Gordon promises to be very popular this summer.
He will be a restricted free agent. And he is considered one of the (if not THE) best up and coming two guards in the league. A lot of teams will have interest, reports Sam Amick at Sports Illustrated.
Sources close to the situation said Indiana, Phoenix, Portland and Dallas are among the teams with interest in Gordon.
But the Hornets can match any offer. And it’s hard to imagine the new ownership group — whoever it ends up being — would not match any offer for an up-and-coming star they can market in the community.
And for his part, Gordon tells Amick he really likes it there.
“The first thing I’d say is that we have a very underrated coach,” Gordon said by phone on Tuesday. “He’s one of the best coaches out there, and we’re definitely an underrated team. I know our record [16-42] doesn’t speak for itself, but I’ve been out more than half the season. The Hornets really do have good fans, too. I really can’t say too many negatives about it.
“Overall, it’s better than what people probably would think if they hadn’t lived here. It’s been enjoyable.”
Glad he likes it, because he is going to be there a while.
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 10
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 9
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 18
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 48
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 8
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 8
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 7
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 46