Apr 12, 2012, 4:47 PM EST
What’s really going to happen, they’re going to get worse?
Corey Maggette was brought in this season to provide some scoring punch for a Bobcats team we all knew was going to struggle putting points up on the board. And when he has been healthy he has scored 15 points a game, although he is shooting just 37.3 percent this season (he is still getting to the line a lot, always one of his great skills).
But Maggette missed 24 games due to injury, missed shootaround Wednesday and now he is done for the season as the team is shutting him down, reports the Charlotte Observer.
Charlotte Bobcats leading scorer Corey Maggette will miss the last 10 games of the season, due to an Achilles tendon injury, coach Paul Silas told the Observer at morning shootaround.
Maggette is under contract for one more years with the Bobcats at $10.9 million.
- Report: Rockets stepping up efforts to move Omer Asik 0
- Rumor: Carmelo Anthony recruiting Rajon Rondo to come to New York in 2015 2
- Report: Heat shopping Joel Anthony, seeking depth behind Wade 9
- LeBron not wearing new LeBron 11s, Nike “redefining” shoe for him 7
- The Extra Pass: The shot that won’t fade away, and Thursday’s recaps 2
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (43)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (40)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (38)