Apr 12, 2012, 4:47 PM EST
What’s really going to happen, they’re going to get worse?
Corey Maggette was brought in this season to provide some scoring punch for a Bobcats team we all knew was going to struggle putting points up on the board. And when he has been healthy he has scored 15 points a game, although he is shooting just 37.3 percent this season (he is still getting to the line a lot, always one of his great skills).
But Maggette missed 24 games due to injury, missed shootaround Wednesday and now he is done for the season as the team is shutting him down, reports the Charlotte Observer.
Charlotte Bobcats leading scorer Corey Maggette will miss the last 10 games of the season, due to an Achilles tendon injury, coach Paul Silas told the Observer at morning shootaround.
Maggette is under contract for one more years with the Bobcats at $10.9 million.
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 13
- Former All-Star, popular Knick Anthony Mason dies at age 48 10
- Russell Westbrook posts third straight triple-double, Thunder lose anyway 6
- Shane Battier: ‘I think a 60-game season would be perfect’ 15
- Kyrie Irving has strained left shoulder, out Friday vs. Pacers 0
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 20
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 17
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 29