Apr 12, 2012, 4:47 PM EDT
What’s really going to happen, they’re going to get worse?
Corey Maggette was brought in this season to provide some scoring punch for a Bobcats team we all knew was going to struggle putting points up on the board. And when he has been healthy he has scored 15 points a game, although he is shooting just 37.3 percent this season (he is still getting to the line a lot, always one of his great skills).
But Maggette missed 24 games due to injury, missed shootaround Wednesday and now he is done for the season as the team is shutting him down, reports the Charlotte Observer.
Charlotte Bobcats leading scorer Corey Maggette will miss the last 10 games of the season, due to an Achilles tendon injury, coach Paul Silas told the Observer at morning shootaround.
Maggette is under contract for one more years with the Bobcats at $10.9 million.
- Thursday night NBA Winners/Losers: The injury gods show Thunder no mercy 0
- No Durant, Westbrook goes down, Thunder still make it interesting but fall to Clippers 0
- Thunder’s Russell Westbrook fractures hand, out indefinitely 3
- LeBron struggles in Cleveland debut as Knicks stun Cavaliers 30
- LeBron, Cavaliers introduced on opening night in Cleveland (VIDEO) 4
- Dominant Pau Gasol shows he may be a perfect fit for Bulls 19
- Old tweets: Kevin Durant uses gay slurs (including at Russell Westbrook), Damian Lillard rips LeBron James 28
- Wednesday night’s NBA winners, losers: Chris Bosh wants you to know he is a No. 1 option 24