Apr 12, 2012, 4:47 PM EDT
What’s really going to happen, they’re going to get worse?
Corey Maggette was brought in this season to provide some scoring punch for a Bobcats team we all knew was going to struggle putting points up on the board. And when he has been healthy he has scored 15 points a game, although he is shooting just 37.3 percent this season (he is still getting to the line a lot, always one of his great skills).
But Maggette missed 24 games due to injury, missed shootaround Wednesday and now he is done for the season as the team is shutting him down, reports the Charlotte Observer.
Charlotte Bobcats leading scorer Corey Maggette will miss the last 10 games of the season, due to an Achilles tendon injury, coach Paul Silas told the Observer at morning shootaround.
Maggette is under contract for one more years with the Bobcats at $10.9 million.
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 27
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 40
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4