Apr 12, 2012, 4:47 PM EDT
What’s really going to happen, they’re going to get worse?
Corey Maggette was brought in this season to provide some scoring punch for a Bobcats team we all knew was going to struggle putting points up on the board. And when he has been healthy he has scored 15 points a game, although he is shooting just 37.3 percent this season (he is still getting to the line a lot, always one of his great skills).
But Maggette missed 24 games due to injury, missed shootaround Wednesday and now he is done for the season as the team is shutting him down, reports the Charlotte Observer.
Charlotte Bobcats leading scorer Corey Maggette will miss the last 10 games of the season, due to an Achilles tendon injury, coach Paul Silas told the Observer at morning shootaround.
Maggette is under contract for one more years with the Bobcats at $10.9 million.
- Vogel: Andrew Bynum to play for Indiana Pacers Tuesday night 4
- Report: Phil Jackson expected to finalize contract with Knicks by end of week 18
- The Extra Pass: Gerald Green doesn’t regret moment of his winding journey to NBA stardom 5
- Monday NBA grades: Blake Griffin shows off his jumper (and yes, he can still dunk) 6
- Suns’ P.J. Tucker ejected after elbow thrown to Blake Griffin’s head (VIDEO) 15