Apr 11, 2012, 11:57 AM EST
Here is our daily look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• Could the Golden State Warriors be eyeing Lamar Odom when he eventually gets bought out and becomes a free agent this summer? He’s on their radar, according to a report. Smart money for me is still one of the Los Angeles teams or the Heat, but nothing would surprise me.
• One more time, because I keep getting emails/tweets asking about this: No team can sign Odom right now. First, Dallas did not release him, they just made him sort of a permanent inactive. Also, it is past the deadline when teams can add a player and use him in the playoffs — rosters are set. He may get traded and he will get bought out and become a free agent this summer, but nothing his happening right now.
• If each member of the San Antonio Spurs were a super villain, which super villain would they be?
• Ricky Rubio says his knee may not be ready for the start of training camp next fall.
• Taking a close look at the Celtics killer starting lineup.
• Chris Hansen, the guy looking to bring a team to Seattle, has purchased the rest of the land where he would like to build an arena. He still needs to work out a deal where the city pitches in money, then he needs to get a team. But baby steps are still steps.
• Saints owner Tom Benson was talking Hornets with NBA Commissioner David Stern.
• The Portsmouth Invitational college showcase still matters because guys go from there to the NBA (Landry Fields and Jeremy Lin, just to name a couple). I want to go to this one year just because I love Portsmouth.
• Please help out one basketball blog’s battle against Parkinson’s disease if you can.
- Three Things We Learned from NBA Monday: Is it time to mention Anthony Davis with LeBron and Durant? 0
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 12
- Report: Kobe Bryant “definitively coming back to play next season” 24
- Kemba Walker to have knee surgery; Hornets looking at trades for depth while he is out 5
- Kobe Bryant to have surgery on shoulder, is done for season 7
- PBT’s Weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks continue to fly high 5
- Kobe Bryant wanted to sign with Michael Jordan’s Wizards 7
- Pau Gasol’s trade tip put his and Marc Gasol’s All-Star futures in motion 3