Apr 11, 2012, 11:57 AM EDT
Here is our daily look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• Could the Golden State Warriors be eyeing Lamar Odom when he eventually gets bought out and becomes a free agent this summer? He’s on their radar, according to a report. Smart money for me is still one of the Los Angeles teams or the Heat, but nothing would surprise me.
• One more time, because I keep getting emails/tweets asking about this: No team can sign Odom right now. First, Dallas did not release him, they just made him sort of a permanent inactive. Also, it is past the deadline when teams can add a player and use him in the playoffs — rosters are set. He may get traded and he will get bought out and become a free agent this summer, but nothing his happening right now.
• If each member of the San Antonio Spurs were a super villain, which super villain would they be?
• Ricky Rubio says his knee may not be ready for the start of training camp next fall.
• Taking a close look at the Celtics killer starting lineup.
• Chris Hansen, the guy looking to bring a team to Seattle, has purchased the rest of the land where he would like to build an arena. He still needs to work out a deal where the city pitches in money, then he needs to get a team. But baby steps are still steps.
• Saints owner Tom Benson was talking Hornets with NBA Commissioner David Stern.
• The Portsmouth Invitational college showcase still matters because guys go from there to the NBA (Landry Fields and Jeremy Lin, just to name a couple). I want to go to this one year just because I love Portsmouth.
• Please help out one basketball blog’s battle against Parkinson’s disease if you can.
- Why I am going to miss Steve Nash 26
- Victor Oladipo out indefinitely after taking elbow in practice, suffering facial fracture 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New Orleans Pelicans 9
- Five teams poised to make a big leap forward this season 5
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 69
- Jeanie Buss: ‘Any free agent that would be afraid to play with Kobe Bryant is probably a loser’ 71
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Memphis Grizzlies 8
- Five top candidates for NBA Rookie of the Year 30