Apr 11, 2012, 3:41 PM EDT
Steve Kerr — the former Suns general manager and current TNT analyst who reportedly was at the top of Portland’s list of potential GMs — has taken his name out of the running, reports the Oregonian after speaking to Kerr’s agent (via Hoopshype).
After an informal phone interview last week, Steve Kerr has told the Trail Blazers that he is not interested in filling their opening at general manager.
After an informal phone interview last week, Steve Kerr has told the Trail Blazers that he is not interested in filling their opening at general manager…
“He likes Larry (Miller, Blazers president), and certainly isn’t closing any doors, but right now he loves his life at TNT,’’ said Mark Bartelstein, Kerr’s agent. “He will come back to the NBA in the future, whether it’s as a coach or in the front office, but that’s a few years down the road.’’
Portland’s hot-and-cold, on-and-off search for a GM will move on. One potential candidate is former Hornets GM Jeff Bower, reports Chris Haynes at CSNNW.com. Bower is well respected around the NBA and is the guy who drafted both Chris Paul and David West to the Hornets.
But the real question is: How would he get along with owner Paul Allen. Two quality GMs — Kevin Pritchard and Rich Cho — were reportedly let go more for how they got along with the owner than on-the-court production.
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 2
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 0
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 8
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 47
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 48