Apr 11, 2012, 3:41 PM EDT
Steve Kerr — the former Suns general manager and current TNT analyst who reportedly was at the top of Portland’s list of potential GMs — has taken his name out of the running, reports the Oregonian after speaking to Kerr’s agent (via Hoopshype).
After an informal phone interview last week, Steve Kerr has told the Trail Blazers that he is not interested in filling their opening at general manager.
After an informal phone interview last week, Steve Kerr has told the Trail Blazers that he is not interested in filling their opening at general manager…
“He likes Larry (Miller, Blazers president), and certainly isn’t closing any doors, but right now he loves his life at TNT,’’ said Mark Bartelstein, Kerr’s agent. “He will come back to the NBA in the future, whether it’s as a coach or in the front office, but that’s a few years down the road.’’
Portland’s hot-and-cold, on-and-off search for a GM will move on. One potential candidate is former Hornets GM Jeff Bower, reports Chris Haynes at CSNNW.com. Bower is well respected around the NBA and is the guy who drafted both Chris Paul and David West to the Hornets.
But the real question is: How would he get along with owner Paul Allen. Two quality GMs — Kevin Pritchard and Rich Cho — were reportedly let go more for how they got along with the owner than on-the-court production.
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Miami Heat 5
- Mike Miller points to him being amnestied as start of LeBron James leaving Miami 11
- Kobe Bryant thinks he could physically play beyond contract extension 14
- Trey Burke, in wake of nude-photo scandal: ‘My judgments will be much better’ 11
- Report: Kevin Durant says he wants to play in 2016 Olympics (his free agent summer) 5
- Morris twins sign four-year extensions with Suns 11
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Washington Wizards 3
- Rockets’ Daryl Morey fires back at Mark Cuban: If you care about chemistry, why break up a title team? 36