Apr 11, 2012, 3:41 PM EDT
Steve Kerr — the former Suns general manager and current TNT analyst who reportedly was at the top of Portland’s list of potential GMs — has taken his name out of the running, reports the Oregonian after speaking to Kerr’s agent (via Hoopshype).
After an informal phone interview last week, Steve Kerr has told the Trail Blazers that he is not interested in filling their opening at general manager.
After an informal phone interview last week, Steve Kerr has told the Trail Blazers that he is not interested in filling their opening at general manager…
“He likes Larry (Miller, Blazers president), and certainly isn’t closing any doors, but right now he loves his life at TNT,’’ said Mark Bartelstein, Kerr’s agent. “He will come back to the NBA in the future, whether it’s as a coach or in the front office, but that’s a few years down the road.’’
Portland’s hot-and-cold, on-and-off search for a GM will move on. One potential candidate is former Hornets GM Jeff Bower, reports Chris Haynes at CSNNW.com. Bower is well respected around the NBA and is the guy who drafted both Chris Paul and David West to the Hornets.
But the real question is: How would he get along with owner Paul Allen. Two quality GMs — Kevin Pritchard and Rich Cho — were reportedly let go more for how they got along with the owner than on-the-court production.
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 3
- LeBron James on Kyrie Irving: “I believe Kyrie can be the best point guard in the league.” 20
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Boston Celtics 4
- Dwight Howard’s driver’s license in Florida suspended, he racked up 10 red light violations in Orlando 15
- Tim Duncan to appear in “The Punisher” comic book 6
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New York Knicks 10
- Klay Thompson’s agent: Thompson better two-way shooting guard than Kobe Bryant 50
- Report: Greg Oden’s drinking an issue during season, alleged domestic assault 32