Apr 11, 2012, 5:19 PM EDT
I’m not sure which is a stranger idea — that there will be a “Grown Ups 2” or that Shaquille O’Neal will star in it.
Retired NBA star Shaquille O’Neal will costar in the sequel to Adam Sandler’s comedy, “Grown Ups,’’ which was filmed in Essex a few years ago. In addition to the 7-foot-1 Shaq, the new movie, which will be shot in Marblehead this summer, will include original cast members Sandler, Chris Rock, Kevin James, David Spade, Salma Hayek, and Maria Bello.
I suppose I shouldn’t be shocked that there is a Grown Ups sequel after it grossed $162 million domestic. I just don’t know anybody that actually saw it. Or liked it.
Shaq was pretty good in “Blue Chips,” which is one of those movies I love to find pop up on cable and always get sucked into it. Of course, there was always “Kazaam,” but as Shaq told GQ:
“I was a medium-level juvenile delinquent from Newark who always dreamed about doing a movie. Someone said, ‘Hey, here’s $7 million, come in and do this genie movie.’ What am I going to say, no?”
No word on what Shaq is getting paid for this movie, although at this point I don’t really think he does things just for the money.
- Durant says 2014 USA team better than 2010 version that won gold 4
- Kevin Durant knows you’re talking about his free agency but isn’t giving many clues. He liked what LeBron did. 16
- Byron Scott makes ridiculous optimism sound reasonable 40
- Derrick Rose told Carmelo Anthony that if he came to Chicago “the game would be easy” 40
- LeBron James strips on stage, throws clothes into crowd (video) 23
- Is DeMarcus Cousins the big man Team USA can lean on? 19
- Lakers make it official — finally — and hire Byron Scott as head coach 13
- Derrick Rose: “I’ve become a smarter player, but I’m mad it took me seven years to learn it.” 29