Apr 11, 2012, 5:19 PM EDT
I’m not sure which is a stranger idea — that there will be a “Grown Ups 2” or that Shaquille O’Neal will star in it.
Retired NBA star Shaquille O’Neal will costar in the sequel to Adam Sandler’s comedy, “Grown Ups,’’ which was filmed in Essex a few years ago. In addition to the 7-foot-1 Shaq, the new movie, which will be shot in Marblehead this summer, will include original cast members Sandler, Chris Rock, Kevin James, David Spade, Salma Hayek, and Maria Bello.
I suppose I shouldn’t be shocked that there is a Grown Ups sequel after it grossed $162 million domestic. I just don’t know anybody that actually saw it. Or liked it.
Shaq was pretty good in “Blue Chips,” which is one of those movies I love to find pop up on cable and always get sucked into it. Of course, there was always “Kazaam,” but as Shaq told GQ:
“I was a medium-level juvenile delinquent from Newark who always dreamed about doing a movie. Someone said, ‘Hey, here’s $7 million, come in and do this genie movie.’ What am I going to say, no?”
No word on what Shaq is getting paid for this movie, although at this point I don’t really think he does things just for the money.
- Metta World Peace says Howard isn’t going anywhere because he has a hold on his… um… those 16
- In praise of the brilliant, baffling Manu Ginobili 20
- If Doc is out, who is in for Celtics? Maybe Del Negro, Frank 15
- Where does Celtics’ Rivers, Garnett trade to Clippers stand? They’re talking. 28
- Boris Diaw’s defense slowed LeBron down. I know, right? 26
- Lakers unlikely to sign and trade Dwight Howard to the Clippers, Rockets, or anyone else (81)
- LeBron James: “I just have to play better” (77)
- Heat’s Big Three dominate Game 4 to even the Finals at two games apiece (74)
- Report: Clippers, Celtics talks to send Garnett, Rivers to L.A. stalled (72)
- Reports: Jason Kidd finalizes deal, will be Nets new coach (62)
- Bruins stymie Blackhawks, take Game 3
- Survival and heartbreak at US Open
- Protesters back in streets of Brazilian cities
- Radio hosts fired for mocking ex-NFL player with ALS
- Posnanski: More Open heartbreak for Mickelson
- PHT: Bruins' little wins pay off big in Game 3
- PHT: Hossa day to day with upper-body injury