Apr 11, 2012, 5:19 PM EDT
I’m not sure which is a stranger idea — that there will be a “Grown Ups 2” or that Shaquille O’Neal will star in it.
Retired NBA star Shaquille O’Neal will costar in the sequel to Adam Sandler’s comedy, “Grown Ups,’’ which was filmed in Essex a few years ago. In addition to the 7-foot-1 Shaq, the new movie, which will be shot in Marblehead this summer, will include original cast members Sandler, Chris Rock, Kevin James, David Spade, Salma Hayek, and Maria Bello.
I suppose I shouldn’t be shocked that there is a Grown Ups sequel after it grossed $162 million domestic. I just don’t know anybody that actually saw it. Or liked it.
Shaq was pretty good in “Blue Chips,” which is one of those movies I love to find pop up on cable and always get sucked into it. Of course, there was always “Kazaam,” but as Shaq told GQ:
“I was a medium-level juvenile delinquent from Newark who always dreamed about doing a movie. Someone said, ‘Hey, here’s $7 million, come in and do this genie movie.’ What am I going to say, no?”
No word on what Shaq is getting paid for this movie, although at this point I don’t really think he does things just for the money.
- Report: Phil Jackson ‘leaning toward’ accepting offer to become Knicks president 22
- Paul Pierce’s move to power forward adds twist to his career, Brooklyn Nets’ season 3
- O.J. Mayo suspended one game for punching Pelicans’ Greg Stiemsma in the throat (VIDEO) 4
- Pacers players hold locker room meeting after getting crushed by Rockets 24
- PBT Podcast: Talking Showtime Lakers with author Jeff Pearlman 9