Apr 11, 2012, 2:39 PM EDT
After he flew with a team trainer to Colorado to have his ailing hip looked at by a specialist, this really shouldn’t come as a surprise:
The bigger question is how long he will be out. Doctors found “slight abnormalities” in his right hip, and Aldridge is officially listed as day-to-day, Haynes reports. Then he adds this tweet:
(Acting GM) Chad Buchanan said they hope to have an evaluation of LaMarcus Aldridge’s status in the next couple of days.
Buchanan said before he is not opposed to shutting down Aldridge for the season. Aldridge did have hip surgery in college, but this is now the other hip and is unrelated.
J.J. Hickson gets the start with Aldridge out, and the last two times he started he average 22 points a game. And it’s not like the Warriors play defense, so keep an eye on him.
- It’s official: Scott Skiles hired as head coach of Orlando Magic 0
- PBT Podcast: Talking Thibodeau/Bulls divorce; future for Rockets, Hawks 0
- Warriors’ Klay Thompson officially diagnosed with concussion 12
- Klay Thompson should not have been cleared to return to Game 5 after concussion evaluation 12
- Dwight Howard suspended one game after foul switcheroo 17
- Three coaches who may replace Tom Thibodeau in Chicago 10
- Report: Kevin Love going to “look around” this summer as free agent; Celtics, Lakers, Rockets possible 46
- PBT Extra: Did Chicago make the right move in firing Thibodeau? 23