Apr 11, 2012, 2:39 PM EDT
After he flew with a team trainer to Colorado to have his ailing hip looked at by a specialist, this really shouldn’t come as a surprise:
The bigger question is how long he will be out. Doctors found “slight abnormalities” in his right hip, and Aldridge is officially listed as day-to-day, Haynes reports. Then he adds this tweet:
(Acting GM) Chad Buchanan said they hope to have an evaluation of LaMarcus Aldridge’s status in the next couple of days.
Buchanan said before he is not opposed to shutting down Aldridge for the season. Aldridge did have hip surgery in college, but this is now the other hip and is unrelated.
J.J. Hickson gets the start with Aldridge out, and the last two times he started he average 22 points a game. And it’s not like the Warriors play defense, so keep an eye on him.
- LeBron’s 30-point performance leads Cavaliers to hard-fought Game 2 win over Celtics 0
- PBT Extra matchups to watch: Spurs look for ways to contain Chris Paul 1
- PBT Extra matchups to watch: Can Memphis keep Damian Lillard in check? 0
- Report: Suns’ Morris twins charged with aggravated assault 9
- Hawks’ Mike Budenholzer named 2014-15 NBA Coach of the Year 9
- With Anthony Davis and Pelicans drained, Warriors deliver down the stretch 12
- PBT Extra matchup to watch: Can Toronto keep Paul Pierce quiet on the court? 6
- Bulls overcome ugly start to take 2-0 series lead over Bucks 14