Apr 11, 2012, 2:39 PM EST
After he flew with a team trainer to Colorado to have his ailing hip looked at by a specialist, this really shouldn’t come as a surprise:
The bigger question is how long he will be out. Doctors found “slight abnormalities” in his right hip, and Aldridge is officially listed as day-to-day, Haynes reports. Then he adds this tweet:
(Acting GM) Chad Buchanan said they hope to have an evaluation of LaMarcus Aldridge’s status in the next couple of days.
Buchanan said before he is not opposed to shutting down Aldridge for the season. Aldridge did have hip surgery in college, but this is now the other hip and is unrelated.
J.J. Hickson gets the start with Aldridge out, and the last two times he started he average 22 points a game. And it’s not like the Warriors play defense, so keep an eye on him.
- Five things to watch as NBA takes over Christmas Day 13
- Cavaliers center Anderson Varejao tears Achilles, done for season 28
- Miami Heat fans were hurt when LeBron left, they may let him hear it. Somewhat. 21
- Nikola Vucevic and Tobias Harris coming into their own for Magic 6
- PBT Tuesday Night Winners/Losers: Sixers, Lakers show the last will be first (for a night) 13
- Anderson Varejao leaves Cavaliers game with foot injury not to return, MRI Wednesday 5
- Report: Rockets ‘very confident’ they’ll land Josh Smith 19
- Report: Sixers want Andrei Kirilenko to report to team, prepare to play 16