Apr 11, 2012, 2:39 PM EST
After he flew with a team trainer to Colorado to have his ailing hip looked at by a specialist, this really shouldn’t come as a surprise:
The bigger question is how long he will be out. Doctors found “slight abnormalities” in his right hip, and Aldridge is officially listed as day-to-day, Haynes reports. Then he adds this tweet:
(Acting GM) Chad Buchanan said they hope to have an evaluation of LaMarcus Aldridge’s status in the next couple of days.
Buchanan said before he is not opposed to shutting down Aldridge for the season. Aldridge did have hip surgery in college, but this is now the other hip and is unrelated.
J.J. Hickson gets the start with Aldridge out, and the last two times he started he average 22 points a game. And it’s not like the Warriors play defense, so keep an eye on him.
- Gregg Popovich to miss game following ‘minor medical procedure’ 7
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis’s MVP-level play, the Spurs and things to be thankful for 7
- Report: Knicks worried Carmelo Anthony’s back issue may be season-long concern 10
- Report: Lakers working on a one-year deal with Earl Clark 13
- Tom Thibodeau says Derrick Rose ‘didn’t re-injure himself’ after playing just 10 minutes in loss to Nuggets 20
- Lakers granted $4.85 million disabled-player exception for Steve Nash injury 13
- Kobe Bryant: “We’re not a 3-11 team. We’re not.” 27
- Tom Thibodeau is getting tired of answering Derrick Rose questions 15