Apr 11, 2012, 2:39 PM EDT
After he flew with a team trainer to Colorado to have his ailing hip looked at by a specialist, this really shouldn’t come as a surprise:
The bigger question is how long he will be out. Doctors found “slight abnormalities” in his right hip, and Aldridge is officially listed as day-to-day, Haynes reports. Then he adds this tweet:
(Acting GM) Chad Buchanan said they hope to have an evaluation of LaMarcus Aldridge’s status in the next couple of days.
Buchanan said before he is not opposed to shutting down Aldridge for the season. Aldridge did have hip surgery in college, but this is now the other hip and is unrelated.
J.J. Hickson gets the start with Aldridge out, and the last two times he started he average 22 points a game. And it’s not like the Warriors play defense, so keep an eye on him.
- Report: Kobe Bryant viewed Dwight Howard leaving Lakers in free agency as ‘a positive’ 9
- Report: Cavaliers have had ‘zero discussion’ on contract extension with Tristan Thompson 9
- Why I am going to miss Steve Nash 26
- Victor Oladipo out indefinitely after taking elbow in practice, suffering facial fracture 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: New Orleans Pelicans 10
- Five teams poised to make a big leap forward this season 5
- Steve Nash to miss entire 2014-15 season with ongoing back injuries 70
- Jeanie Buss: ‘Any free agent that would be afraid to play with Kobe Bryant is probably a loser’ 71