Apr 11, 2012, 8:32 PM EDT
And really, why should they?
Hornets coach Monty Williams was speaking to the media prior to his team’s “showdown” with the Kings said they do not plan to bring back Emeka Okafor at this point, reports the Times-Picayune. He said Okafor had an MRI Tuesday to see if things had improved… but don’t ask the coach to describe the injury.
“It’s a knee, but somehow, I don’t want to mess it up, but he had something done a long time ago,” Williams said. “All the wear and tear is starting to aggravate it again. There’s a particular name for what he had done, but I don’t know the name of it so I can’t even explain myself properly which is normal for me. But in this situation, I’m not quite sure. I know it’s a knee issue.”
Okafor has been out with an apparently indescribable knee injury since Feb. 10, missing 24 games. At this point, with the Hornets not even sniffing the playoffs, what is the point of bringing him back?
New Hornets ownership, whoever they are, can enjoy having Okafor back next season at $13.5 million, and he has a player early termination offer for the season after that at nearly $14.5 million.
- Preview: Did Grizzlies figure out Spurs or will Game 3 be more of the same? 0
- George Hill says only God is scarier to face than LeBron James 12
- LeBron James commits two costly turnovers in final minute of Game 2 loss to Pacers 19
- Pacers find their offense, find balance, find Heat’s respect 17
- Pacers get big games from Roy Hibbert and Paul George, take Game 2 from Heat to even the series 27
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (124)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (83)
- LeBron’s triple-double, game-winner in overtime lead Heat to Game 1 win over Pacers (70)
- Pacers advance to the Eastern Conference Finals with Game 6 win over Knicks (61)
- If Phil Jackson could have any player to start a team it would be… Bill Russell (61)
- Pacers even series with Heat
- Penguins bounce Senators | Highlights
- MST: Rosberg wins pole in Monaco | Highlights
- Tennis.com: Can anyone stop Serena at French?
- Tennis.com: Is French still Nadal's to lose?
- Tigers' Sanchez loses no-hitter in 9th vs. Twins
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy