Apr 10, 2012, 2:32 PM EST
The game between the Thunder and the Bucks on Monday was extremely chippy, especially considering that after the first quarter, the end result was never really in doubt. Oklahoma City sprinted out to an early 17-point lead and won by 20, with Milwaukee never getting closer than 10 the rest of the way.
There were seven technical fouls in all, with two of them being handed out to Serge Ibaka and Mike Dunleavy for their little dust-up shown in the video clip above. Ibaka puts sort of a death grip on Dunleavy there, and Dunleavy tries to escape by using a downward chopping maneuver that just misses after Ibaka decided to let him go.
Dunleavy isn’t a small man; he’s listed at 6’9″. But he clearly couldn’t shake the one-armed super-strength of Ibaka, and one wonders if he had connected with that chop of his if the league would have considered that a “punch” by its rules and handed down a suspension.
- Report: Sixers engaged in buyout talks with JaVale McGee 7
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 4
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 6
- Derrick Rose starts rehab, in “good spirits” after knee surgery 11
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 6
- Russell Westbrook takes knee to face, it leaves dent (VIDEO) 15
- Former All-Star, popular Knick Anthony Mason dies at age 48 16