Apr 10, 2012, 2:32 PM EDT
The game between the Thunder and the Bucks on Monday was extremely chippy, especially considering that after the first quarter, the end result was never really in doubt. Oklahoma City sprinted out to an early 17-point lead and won by 20, with Milwaukee never getting closer than 10 the rest of the way.
There were seven technical fouls in all, with two of them being handed out to Serge Ibaka and Mike Dunleavy for their little dust-up shown in the video clip above. Ibaka puts sort of a death grip on Dunleavy there, and Dunleavy tries to escape by using a downward chopping maneuver that just misses after Ibaka decided to let him go.
Dunleavy isn’t a small man; he’s listed at 6’9″. But he clearly couldn’t shake the one-armed super-strength of Ibaka, and one wonders if he had connected with that chop of his if the league would have considered that a “punch” by its rules and handed down a suspension.
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 0
- Report: Ballmer’s $2 billion Clippers offer nearly double what Bank of America valued team at 5
- Report: Jameer Nelson near $2.7 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 11
- Report: Mavericks void Rashard Lewis’ contract after it’s discovered he needs knee surgery 9
- Report: Sixers, Nuggets or Celtics could become third team in Kevin Love trade to Cavaliers 45
- Five biggest surprises from Summer League 13
- Justin Bieber and Kevin Durant share brunch (photo) 22
- Clippers CEO: If Sterling remains owner then Doc Rivers, players, sponsors all ready to bolt 60