Apr 10, 2012, 11:08 AM EDT
Here is our daily look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• Boston may look like they have a firm grip on the top spot in the Atlantic, but they have five games in six days as they enter the toughest part of their schedule. If they slip, this is where it happens.
• Golden State Warriors ownership is looking at building a new arena right on the San Francisco Bay, near the Bay Bridge. Not sure if that will be the ultimate location, but they will build something in the city in the next decade. Watch.
• Danilo Gallinari was back in the Nuggets lineup Monday and looked good — 15 points on 11 shots, six assists, five boards. They could use him as they fight for their playoff lives.
• Nene is hoping to return the Wizards later this week. Is that going to help their tanking?
• Oregon State guard Jared Cunningham has declared for the draft. DraftExpress has him going late in the second round, which means he needs to impress scouts at the combine and individual workouts, or he risks going undrafted.
• The Nuggets Wilson Chandler is day-to-day with a hip strain.
• Florida International University players walked out of the team’s end of season banquet to protest the firing of Isiah Thomas. No, I didn’t know James Dolan was playing for that team, either.
• A fond look back at the recently imploded O-Rena in Orlando (the House that Shaq built).
• Kareem Abdul-Jabbar talks about how Magic Johnson took care of his money.
• The Mavericks have recalled Kelenna Azubuike from the D-League.
• The Knicks have sent center Jerome Jordan to the D-League.
- Chris Paul out for Game 1 of Clippers-Rockets series 1
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry is the MVP for a modern NBA 12
- PBT Second-Round Playoff Previews: Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Chicago Bulls 4
- PBT Extra: Can Jimmy Butler have success slowing LeBron James? 3
- PBT Extra: Dwight Howard, DeAndre Jordan matchup key part of Clippers vs. Rockets 2
- Stephen Curry wins MVP with 100 of 130 first-place votes, but James Harden closest second place in four years 20
- PBT Second Round Playoff Preview: Los Angeles Clippers vs. Houston Rockets 10
- Ginobili, Duncan, Popovich dance around questions about Spurs’ future 12