Apr 10, 2012, 11:08 AM EST
Here is our daily look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• Boston may look like they have a firm grip on the top spot in the Atlantic, but they have five games in six days as they enter the toughest part of their schedule. If they slip, this is where it happens.
• Golden State Warriors ownership is looking at building a new arena right on the San Francisco Bay, near the Bay Bridge. Not sure if that will be the ultimate location, but they will build something in the city in the next decade. Watch.
• Danilo Gallinari was back in the Nuggets lineup Monday and looked good — 15 points on 11 shots, six assists, five boards. They could use him as they fight for their playoff lives.
• Nene is hoping to return the Wizards later this week. Is that going to help their tanking?
• Oregon State guard Jared Cunningham has declared for the draft. DraftExpress has him going late in the second round, which means he needs to impress scouts at the combine and individual workouts, or he risks going undrafted.
• The Nuggets Wilson Chandler is day-to-day with a hip strain.
• Florida International University players walked out of the team’s end of season banquet to protest the firing of Isiah Thomas. No, I didn’t know James Dolan was playing for that team, either.
• A fond look back at the recently imploded O-Rena in Orlando (the House that Shaq built).
• Kareem Abdul-Jabbar talks about how Magic Johnson took care of his money.
• The Mavericks have recalled Kelenna Azubuike from the D-League.
• The Knicks have sent center Jerome Jordan to the D-League.
- Derrick Rose expected to return in 4-6 weeks. In time for playoffs. 20
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The Cavaliers we expected have arrived 17
- Report: George Karl controls Kings’ personnel, wants Ty Lawson, willing to move DeMarcus Cousins 29
- Paul George returns to practice with Pacers, could play in couple weeks 8
- Report: LeBron James wonders why he doesn’t get more MVP consideration 41
- Would Rajon Rondo leave the Mavericks for the Lakers? 63
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Wednesday: The Spurs losing rodeo road trip a bad sign 14
- PBT Extra: What is future for Derrick Rose? Bulls? 13