Apr 10, 2012, 11:26 AM EDT
Shouldn’t we have known that if you asked Phil Jackson about what is going on with Andrew Bynum his reaction would have been to relax, let things play out, it will all work out like it is supposed to?
Jackson took time from
playing with his Zen sand garden writing his newest book to speak with Mike Bresnahan of the Los Angeles Times about Bynum, as the Lakers center has been the focus of controversy lately.
“Bynum is not quite mature, but everyone should relax and watch him grow up,” Jackson said via email. “This year has been a big step for him offensively…nice to see…and when he takes up the mantle as defensive captain the Lakers can get back in the hunt.”
Vintage PJ. Don’t deflate Bynum’s ego with negativity — did you hear that Stan Van Gundy? — but still find a way to point out he has some growing up to do and is not consistent at the defensive end. (As evidence, we present the Lakers blowout loss to the Suns last Saturday.)
You get the feeling this comment might have a bigger impact on Bynum than anything Mike Brown says at this point. Especially if he says it in a team huddle.
- Report: Derrick Rose undecided about attending Team USA minicamp 7
- Report: Pacers planning to purchase D-League’s Fort Wayne Mad Ants 2
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott told police after arrest all drugs in car were his 17
- NBA lands in Africa trying to put down roots, which is all about youth programs, infrastructure 1
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 9
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 16
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 48
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 10