Apr 10, 2012, 11:26 AM EST
Shouldn’t we have known that if you asked Phil Jackson about what is going on with Andrew Bynum his reaction would have been to relax, let things play out, it will all work out like it is supposed to?
Jackson took time from
playing with his Zen sand garden writing his newest book to speak with Mike Bresnahan of the Los Angeles Times about Bynum, as the Lakers center has been the focus of controversy lately.
“Bynum is not quite mature, but everyone should relax and watch him grow up,” Jackson said via email. “This year has been a big step for him offensively…nice to see…and when he takes up the mantle as defensive captain the Lakers can get back in the hunt.”
Vintage PJ. Don’t deflate Bynum’s ego with negativity — did you hear that Stan Van Gundy? — but still find a way to point out he has some growing up to do and is not consistent at the defensive end. (As evidence, we present the Lakers blowout loss to the Suns last Saturday.)
You get the feeling this comment might have a bigger impact on Bynum than anything Mike Brown says at this point. Especially if he says it in a team huddle.
- Brook Lopez suffers broken foot, out for the season 18
- Duke’s Jabari Parker doesn’t back away from Carmelo Anthony comparison 10
- Michael Carter-Williams returns to Sixers lineup Friday against Nets 6
- Report: Bulls not looking to trade Luol Deng. Why would you think that? 16
- Kendrick Perkins tells Joakim Noah to “get your a– up out’ of Thunder locker room 36
- Kobe Bryant is out six weeks with fracture in the left knee (70)
- LeBron did foul Paul George on final shot but there was no call (VIDEO) (60)
- Chicago columnist hammers Derrick Rose as no longer humble star (56)
- Report: Heat have interest in Celtics’ Jordan Crawford (50)
- LeBron angrily goes after Mario Chalmers on the Heat bench (VIDEO) (50)