Apr 10, 2012, 11:26 AM EDT
Shouldn’t we have known that if you asked Phil Jackson about what is going on with Andrew Bynum his reaction would have been to relax, let things play out, it will all work out like it is supposed to?
Jackson took time from
playing with his Zen sand garden writing his newest book to speak with Mike Bresnahan of the Los Angeles Times about Bynum, as the Lakers center has been the focus of controversy lately.
“Bynum is not quite mature, but everyone should relax and watch him grow up,” Jackson said via email. “This year has been a big step for him offensively…nice to see…and when he takes up the mantle as defensive captain the Lakers can get back in the hunt.”
Vintage PJ. Don’t deflate Bynum’s ego with negativity — did you hear that Stan Van Gundy? — but still find a way to point out he has some growing up to do and is not consistent at the defensive end. (As evidence, we present the Lakers blowout loss to the Suns last Saturday.)
You get the feeling this comment might have a bigger impact on Bynum than anything Mike Brown says at this point. Especially if he says it in a team huddle.
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 4
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 38
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 38