Apr 10, 2012, 5:54 PM EST
SAN ANTONIO — The condition of Los Angeles Lakers guard Kobe Bryant‘s inflamed left shin continues to improve, but Bryant will sit out his third consecutive game Wednesday against the San Antonio Spurs, Lakers coach Mike Brown said.
McMenamin reported that Bryant is no longer in a walking boot, and will have had a full week to rest his shin if he chooses to suit up for the Lakers’ next scheduled game against the Nuggets on Friday.
Bryant has averaged 28.1 points per game on 43.0% shooting this season. The Lakers have gone 1-1 in the two games Kobe has missed.
- Kobe Bryant: “We’re not a 3-11 team. We’re not.” 0
- Tom Thibodeau is getting tired of answering Derrick Rose questions 14
- Veteran NBA coach: ‘I think (Cavaliers head coach David Blatt) is struggling a bit’ 27
- PBT’s Monday night NBA Winners/Losers: That looks more like the Cavaliers we expected 12
- Carmelo Anthony exits Knicks-Rockets game with apparent back injury 9
- Russell Westbrook and Kevin Durant progressing in rehab, Westbrook could play Friday 6
- Lakers forward Xavier Henry ruptured Achilles in practice, out for season 23
- PBT Extra: Our Thanksgiving week turkeys, starting with the 76ers 2