Apr 10, 2012, 8:59 PM EDT
LaMarcus Aldridge has had a little hip problem that he has played through the past couple weeks… and that may not be that little.
He has flown to Vail, Colorado, to have a specialist look at it, reports Joe Freeman, who covers the team for the Oregonian. Aldridge went with team trainer Jay Jensen. Aldridge has had other doctors look at it but nothing was found.
Freeman had this quote from Aldridge on twitter.
“My body is pretty beat up. I’m definitely not getting any better. But I haven’t said anything about it.”
He also had these tweets:
I asked #Blazers interim GM Chad Buchanan if the team is considering shutting LaMarcus Aldridge down the rest of season b/c of hip ailment… Buchanan said #Blazers are “going to keep the door open” for it: “If that’s what it comes to. That is a possibility. I wouldn’t rule it out.”
The Blazers are out of the playoff hunt now, the 11 seed 4.5 games behind 8 seed Denver. At this point, shutting him down might be the prudent move. What is there to gain?
- PBT Extra: Houston, Dallas simply do not like each other 0
- Sounds like Pacers president Larry Bird, head coach Frank Vogel don’t want Roy Hibbert back next year 16
- PBT staff playoff predictions: Lots of Golden State love from us 1
- PBT Extra: Injuries make Grizzlies, Trail Blazers series hard to predict 3
- PBT Extra: Will Spurs depth, versatility prove too much for Clippers? 13
- PBT Extra: Anthony Davis, Pelicans made playoffs. Will they get a fifth game vs. Warriors? 6
- Rumor: LaMarcus Aldridge more likely to leave Trail Blazers in free agency than people realize 24
- PBT First-Round Playoff Previews: Chicago Bulls vs. Milwaukee Bucks 8