Apr 10, 2012, 8:59 PM EDT
LaMarcus Aldridge has had a little hip problem that he has played through the past couple weeks… and that may not be that little.
He has flown to Vail, Colorado, to have a specialist look at it, reports Joe Freeman, who covers the team for the Oregonian. Aldridge went with team trainer Jay Jensen. Aldridge has had other doctors look at it but nothing was found.
Freeman had this quote from Aldridge on twitter.
“My body is pretty beat up. I’m definitely not getting any better. But I haven’t said anything about it.”
He also had these tweets:
I asked #Blazers interim GM Chad Buchanan if the team is considering shutting LaMarcus Aldridge down the rest of season b/c of hip ailment… Buchanan said #Blazers are “going to keep the door open” for it: “If that’s what it comes to. That is a possibility. I wouldn’t rule it out.”
The Blazers are out of the playoff hunt now, the 11 seed 4.5 games behind 8 seed Denver. At this point, shutting him down might be the prudent move. What is there to gain?
- Report: Tracy McGrady works out with Kobe, eyes return to NBA 0
- Report: Washington Wizards contact Ray Allen, too 4
- Hornets rookie Noah Vonleh out 6-8 weeks after sports hernia surgery 14
- USA sails past New Zealand for easy 98-71 win behind Anthony Davis, Kenneth Faried 9
- Ray Allen on making a decision about next season: “I’m not in any rush” 11
- Derrick Rose after first back-to-back in years: “I’m feeling good right now” 5
- Report: Rajon Rondo wants to start season with Celtics, see how things unfold 11
- Rajon Rondo’s agent denies they asked Celtics for a trade 14