Apr 10, 2012, 8:59 PM EST
LaMarcus Aldridge has had a little hip problem that he has played through the past couple weeks… and that may not be that little.
He has flown to Vail, Colorado, to have a specialist look at it, reports Joe Freeman, who covers the team for the Oregonian. Aldridge went with team trainer Jay Jensen. Aldridge has had other doctors look at it but nothing was found.
Freeman had this quote from Aldridge on twitter.
“My body is pretty beat up. I’m definitely not getting any better. But I haven’t said anything about it.”
He also had these tweets:
I asked #Blazers interim GM Chad Buchanan if the team is considering shutting LaMarcus Aldridge down the rest of season b/c of hip ailment… Buchanan said #Blazers are “going to keep the door open” for it: “If that’s what it comes to. That is a possibility. I wouldn’t rule it out.”
The Blazers are out of the playoff hunt now, the 11 seed 4.5 games behind 8 seed Denver. At this point, shutting him down might be the prudent move. What is there to gain?
- PBT Podcast for Dec. 13: Talking Asik, Gasol trades plus NBA Draft with Rob Dauster 0
- Pau Gasol expresses frustration with D’Antoni offense. Lakers have to think trade. 23
- Report: Grizzlies shopping Zach Randolph around, want deal with Pelicans 6
- Nets notes: Kidd takes some credit, Lopez downplays injury, and Pierce off the bench 2
- Report: Knicks’ owner shoots down trade to get team Kyle Lowry 26
- NFL legend Jim Brown takes shot at Kobe Bryant, Kobe fires back (64)
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark (62)
- Pacers win first Conference Finals rematch vs. Heat (52)
- Raptors trade Rudy Gay to Sacramento for multiple players (47)
- Adam Silver: NBA to consider doing away with divisions (39)