Apr 10, 2012, 8:59 PM EDT
LaMarcus Aldridge has had a little hip problem that he has played through the past couple weeks… and that may not be that little.
He has flown to Vail, Colorado, to have a specialist look at it, reports Joe Freeman, who covers the team for the Oregonian. Aldridge went with team trainer Jay Jensen. Aldridge has had other doctors look at it but nothing was found.
Freeman had this quote from Aldridge on twitter.
“My body is pretty beat up. I’m definitely not getting any better. But I haven’t said anything about it.”
He also had these tweets:
I asked #Blazers interim GM Chad Buchanan if the team is considering shutting LaMarcus Aldridge down the rest of season b/c of hip ailment… Buchanan said #Blazers are “going to keep the door open” for it: “If that’s what it comes to. That is a possibility. I wouldn’t rule it out.”
The Blazers are out of the playoff hunt now, the 11 seed 4.5 games behind 8 seed Denver. At this point, shutting him down might be the prudent move. What is there to gain?
- Celtics owner: Rajon Rondo ‘super stubborn,’ harder than average to coach 5
- Bruce Bowen says blame for James Harden’s defense falls on McHale, Rockets 12
- NBA to review domestic violence policies in wake of NFL’s ugliness. It shouldn’t have taken that. 13
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 16
- Blake Griffin said he knew Donald Sterling was racist, wasn’t really surprised by tape 14
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Chicago Bulls 11
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 18