Aldridge has specialist look at hip, may be out Wednesday (or longer)

Apr 10, 2012, 8:59 PM EDT

LaMarcus Aldridge AP

LaMarcus Aldridge has had a little hip problem that he has played through the past couple weeks… and that may not be that little.

He has flown to Vail, Colorado, to have a specialist look at it, reports Joe Freeman, who covers the team for the Oregonian. Aldridge went with team trainer Jay Jensen. Aldridge has had other doctors look at it but nothing was found.

Freeman had this quote from Aldridge on twitter.

“My body is pretty beat up. I’m definitely not getting any better. But I haven’t said anything about it.”

He also had these tweets:

I asked #Blazers interim GM Chad Buchanan if the team is considering shutting LaMarcus Aldridge down the rest of season b/c of hip ailment… Buchanan said #Blazers are “going to keep the door open” for it: “If that’s what it comes to. That is a possibility. I wouldn’t rule it out.”

The Blazers are out of the playoff hunt now, the 11 seed 4.5 games behind 8 seed Denver. At this point, shutting him down might be the prudent move. What is there to gain?

1. sikeologist - Apr 10, 2012 at 9:22 PM

Hope Aldridge gets better. He’s on my fantasy team and it’s finals week…

2. acdc363 - Apr 11, 2012 at 2:55 AM

I’m also a needy fantasy owner of his. I started the year with him, andrea bargnani, anderson varejao, Chauncey billups and dj augustin all on my team. Its been a rollercoaster of injuries.

3. adnan604 - Apr 11, 2012 at 4:14 AM

I love LA, you have to be an idiot of epic proportions to keep this guy on the hardwood. The whole world already knows Blazers are done for the season, maybe even for the immediate future, I mean there is already talk of rebuilding, makes no sense whatsoever to keep pushing him if he’s hurting this bad.

SHUT LA down and give some of these young guns some floor time since the front office talking rebuilding, the young guys need experience if you wanna rebuild the team…. except Lube Babbit…. please keep Luke Babbit at the very VERY last chair there right next to the towel boys

• adnan604 - Apr 11, 2012 at 4:15 AM

^ lol @ my typo, Lube Babbit, gotdang if I ever get into the adult movie business that’s gonna be my name right there LUBE babbit

4. cowboychris5xchamps - Apr 13, 2012 at 3:20 AM

LOL! Fantasy dorks….go on a date for a change. Or is the walk up the stairs from mommy’s basement to the real world too far?!

Will LeBron get booed Christmas Day in Miami?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches