Derrick Rose injures ankle, game time decision vs. Knicks

Apr 10, 2012, 3:34 AM EDT

Toronto Raptors v Chicago Bulls Getty Images

Derrick Rose was back for one game Sunday following his groin injury, and there he was in a walking boot on Monday.

Because of an injured ankle he is a game-time decision for the Bulls in Tuesday rematch with the Knicks, reports the Chicago Tribune.

Rose, for starters, tweaked an ankle at some point in Sunday’s game, which he finished. The extent of the injury is unknown, however sources said Rose wore a walking boot on Monday and his availability for Tuesday’s shot at redemption against the Knicks is a game-time decision.

The Bulls can expect a desperate Knicks team Sunday, as they remain tied with the 76ers just 1.5 games ahead of the Bucks (who the Knicks face Wednesday) for the last playoff spot in the East. The Bulls, however are just two games up on the Heat for the best record overall and home court throughout the playoffs.

Check back to PBT for updates Tuesday as we wait for word on Rose’s condition and status.

1. thekingdave - Apr 10, 2012 at 3:46 AM

Going to be reblogged on jumbosportsblog.

• slowclyde86 - Apr 10, 2012 at 7:07 AM

So we can just go there to retread what we just read here? Why? Explain yourself.

• southbeachtalent - Apr 10, 2012 at 9:27 AM

So that’s where you got slow from…

• professoressadiesel - Apr 10, 2012 at 10:36 AM

I think Probasketballtalk should just be renamed jumbosportsblog.

• florida727 - Apr 10, 2012 at 10:58 AM

Can you PLEASE stop whoring out your blog site on here and other NBC Sports sites?

It’s getting extremely annoying. If I’d seen your cheap advertising ploy once or twice, I may have actually checked you out. Now, I will NEVER go to your site because your posts are p*ssing me off.

Kurt, any chance you can delete these freaking posts in the future?

• professoressadiesel - Apr 10, 2012 at 11:35 AM

Obviously people are missing the blatant sarcasm.

Mentioning names….Florida and Slowclyde

Get a grip.

• southbeachtalent - Apr 10, 2012 at 1:16 PM

I guess I gave you more credit than you deserved.

This has to be the dumbest of all Pro Sports forums…

• comeonnowguys - Apr 10, 2012 at 2:10 PM

Frustrating that I try to put what little thought I have into comments, and they get removed, but i see “Reblogged on…” on what seems like every single post.

2. dapresident - Apr 10, 2012 at 5:08 AM

Glass is more durable then this guy “GESHH”

3. adnan604 - Apr 10, 2012 at 5:34 AM

He really needs to get Adidas to make him some solid effin shoes, I’ve had two of his latest shoes and they are super lightweight but utter garbage when it comes to support and stability. I remember he wore the Crazy Lights playoffs last year, for one game and rolled his ankle in them right away… And now his latest shoes I got those too and they got no ankle support and are unstable.

Even his Adidas speedwrap ankle braces are complete garbage, mine fell apart after 2 months of use. I sent the shoes, and the ankle braces back for a full refund from Adidas, will not be buying anything from Adidas from now on.

I actually managed to injure my toe badly in the Crazy Lights because the foot support ends at the toe area, and have had turf toe for about 4 months now, my left foot is still only at 50% i have to tape it up every time i play.. come to think of it, D.Rose has had turf toe since his second season now I remember him saying that.

but all about that 200 milli Adidas deal right Rozay, play on playa !

• gmsalpha - Apr 10, 2012 at 9:31 AM

They can’t be half as bad as Stephen Curry’s Nikes.

• doctordunkenstein - Apr 10, 2012 at 12:11 PM

he’s too humble to change shoes

• southbeachtalent - Apr 10, 2012 at 1:19 PM

So it’s his shoes? That explains it….

WOW

4. Gordon - Apr 10, 2012 at 7:51 AM

Just shut him down for the remainder of the regular season.

• doctordunkenstein - Apr 10, 2012 at 12:12 PM

you could just put LBJ on him. that has been proven to shut him down.

5. iowahbr - Apr 10, 2012 at 8:18 AM

Rose is a fantastic player and it’s too early to write down the Bulls in the play-offs no matter what happens in the regular season but my guess in that their season is over. When Rose is at the top of his game he is playing at 120% and his physical ability is critical at that level. You saw that in Sunday’s game. It’s not like he can pull a Willis Reed and make a series winning contribution on one and ½ legs. The Bulls are still a very good team because they play great defense but I don’t think Mr. James is losing sleep over them at this point. The big question is how and where they can get better for next year without destroying what they already have.

6. wurty - Apr 10, 2012 at 8:57 AM

I agree with adnan, sounds simple but I think those shoes have had some contribution to his injuries. The mid foot support and overall stability is quite poor.

7. glink123 - Apr 10, 2012 at 9:46 AM

Rose’s turf toe actually started back in high school. Do you honestly think one company’s $4 shoe (marketed and hyped to sell for $120) is any better than some other company’s $4 shoe? There is literally less than $4 worth of materials and labor that go into a $120 pair of basketball shoes. The rest of the cost goes towards advertising and profit.

• mannyfresh209 - Apr 10, 2012 at 9:56 AM

That’s why there are shoes that teams will not allow their players to wear as precautionary measures, right? Not to mention, there are shoes that are banned, outright, by the league.

Have you even owned a pair of shoes other than your skate shoes? Those $4 shoes are all the same though.

8. cheers4ablumpkin - Apr 10, 2012 at 10:56 AM

Rose needs to grow a pair

• jasonc2300 - Apr 10, 2012 at 11:00 AM

Of ankles?

9. doctordunkenstein - Apr 10, 2012 at 12:11 PM

OVERRATED

10. sikeologist - Apr 10, 2012 at 12:38 PM

Seems like every player that gets a big pay check, plays less and do less. (i.e. AROD, Rashard Lewis…)

• comeonnowguys - Apr 10, 2012 at 2:12 PM

Generalize much? You realize he’s getting injured because he doesn’t coast, right?

11. mat9844 - Apr 10, 2012 at 12:45 PM

It’s not just Rose; there are serious injuries across the league. A direct result of team owners trying to recover the money lost during the lockout. Scheduling 3 back to back games every week, sometimes in three different cities. Playing games 5 nights out of 7; players are the biggest losers but fans lose, too. We want to see the guys at the top of their game, not so tired they can barely run the court. Note to owners: Basketball Players are not robots. They are human and are not indestructible.

• adnan604 - Apr 10, 2012 at 4:31 PM

yea I really lost the little respect I had left for Stern when he let it be known that in the same timeline/span a typical NBA season would have 50 games, he would squeeze in 66 games obviously to try and make much profit as possible. That right there showed if there was any doubt that forget the players, profit first is what they’re all about

Consider also the fact that the players had NO training camp and were basically just tossed right into the season, this was a recipe for disaster. I’m honestly surprised the players didn’t protest more this absurd schedule, they should have had 55 games tops this season…
      5 games in 7 days sounds crazy to me

• gmsingh - Apr 11, 2012 at 7:31 AM

Stern should just go whole hog and introduce the basketball double header. Have them play two games in one day and see how many players are left by the end of the season.

What players stood out at World Cup?
Top 10 NBA Player Searches