Apr 9, 2012, 3:35 PM EDT
It’s just that kind of year for Zach Radolph.
After missing much of the season with a knee injury, Randolph was in a minor car accident when he was rear-ended on the way to Monday shootaround, according to the Commercial Appeal. He skipped the team’s morning shootaround before taking on the Los Angeles Clippers in a game with many playoff implications Monday night.
Asked via text if he is OK, Randolph replied: “Yes. My back is just a little sore.”
It is unknown if Randolph will play. I’d say probably, but then I wasn’t in the accident and it’s not my back.
Randolph has not really found his groove yet following his return from knee surgery, however the Grizzlies have. They are the five seed in the West heading into a contest with the four-seed Clippers Monday night — Memphis is just 1.5 games back of Los Angeles heading into that game. Home court in the first round is within their site.
But it will be easier to reach that with Randolph than without him.
- USA cruises past Finland in World Cup opener, 114-55 15
- World Cup Preview: USA vs. Finland, what to expect 4
- James Harden on Kobe Bryant return: “He’s 20-year-old Kobe” 32
- Chris Paul discusses his signature shoe, hoops with media at launch of his Jordan Brand CP3 VIII (VIDEO) 5
- 67RIEFNS No. 1: Tom Thibodeau managing his bigs 22
- Derrick Rose knows injury questions will keep coming. And coming. And coming. 11
- FIBA World Cup preview: USA, Spain, then who else can medal? 2
- Official ‘Clippers’ Number 1 Fan’ on herself and Donald Sterling: ‘I’ll always feel it’s our team’ 21