Apr 9, 2012, 3:35 PM EDT
It’s just that kind of year for Zach Radolph.
After missing much of the season with a knee injury, Randolph was in a minor car accident when he was rear-ended on the way to Monday shootaround, according to the Commercial Appeal. He skipped the team’s morning shootaround before taking on the Los Angeles Clippers in a game with many playoff implications Monday night.
Asked via text if he is OK, Randolph replied: “Yes. My back is just a little sore.”
It is unknown if Randolph will play. I’d say probably, but then I wasn’t in the accident and it’s not my back.
Randolph has not really found his groove yet following his return from knee surgery, however the Grizzlies have. They are the five seed in the West heading into a contest with the four-seed Clippers Monday night — Memphis is just 1.5 games back of Los Angeles heading into that game. Home court in the first round is within their site.
But it will be easier to reach that with Randolph than without him.
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 0
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 13
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 10
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 18
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 40
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18