Apr 9, 2012, 3:35 PM EST
It’s just that kind of year for Zach Radolph.
After missing much of the season with a knee injury, Randolph was in a minor car accident when he was rear-ended on the way to Monday shootaround, according to the Commercial Appeal. He skipped the team’s morning shootaround before taking on the Los Angeles Clippers in a game with many playoff implications Monday night.
Asked via text if he is OK, Randolph replied: “Yes. My back is just a little sore.”
It is unknown if Randolph will play. I’d say probably, but then I wasn’t in the accident and it’s not my back.
Randolph has not really found his groove yet following his return from knee surgery, however the Grizzlies have. They are the five seed in the West heading into a contest with the four-seed Clippers Monday night — Memphis is just 1.5 games back of Los Angeles heading into that game. Home court in the first round is within their site.
But it will be easier to reach that with Randolph than without him.
- Report: Jason Kidd safe as Nets coach until team gets healthy 1
- League execs on Kyrie Irving’s recent struggles: ‘He’s pouting’ 24
- Report: Knicks have ‘zero intention’ of trading Carmelo Anthony 12
- PBT Podcast for Dec. 7: Kobe’s back and for the Lakers that means…. 8
- Kobe Bryant returning Sunday against Raptors 22
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (48)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (45)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (44)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)