Apr 9, 2012, 3:35 PM EDT
It’s just that kind of year for Zach Radolph.
After missing much of the season with a knee injury, Randolph was in a minor car accident when he was rear-ended on the way to Monday shootaround, according to the Commercial Appeal. He skipped the team’s morning shootaround before taking on the Los Angeles Clippers in a game with many playoff implications Monday night.
Asked via text if he is OK, Randolph replied: “Yes. My back is just a little sore.”
It is unknown if Randolph will play. I’d say probably, but then I wasn’t in the accident and it’s not my back.
Randolph has not really found his groove yet following his return from knee surgery, however the Grizzlies have. They are the five seed in the West heading into a contest with the four-seed Clippers Monday night — Memphis is just 1.5 games back of Los Angeles heading into that game. Home court in the first round is within their site.
But it will be easier to reach that with Randolph than without him.
- Report: Lakers finally offer coaching position to Byron Scott, deal expected soon 8
- Report: Cavaliers leading Kevin Love-trade sweepstakes 32
- Chris Paul on boycott if Sterling is still owner: “That’s something me and Doc are both talking about” 25
- Players union approves of Thunder’s Josh Huestis arrangement 14
- Cavaliers officially sign Andrew Wiggins, putting 30-day hold on him being traded 52
- Lakers deny rumor they are waiting around for Doc Rivers to be coach 61
- James Harden: “Dwight and I are the cornerstones of the Rockets. The rest of the guys are role players.” 91
- Mavericks signing Al-Farouq Aminu to two-year, minimum salary contract 12