Apr 9, 2012, 3:35 PM EST
It’s just that kind of year for Zach Radolph.
After missing much of the season with a knee injury, Randolph was in a minor car accident when he was rear-ended on the way to Monday shootaround, according to the Commercial Appeal. He skipped the team’s morning shootaround before taking on the Los Angeles Clippers in a game with many playoff implications Monday night.
Asked via text if he is OK, Randolph replied: “Yes. My back is just a little sore.”
It is unknown if Randolph will play. I’d say probably, but then I wasn’t in the accident and it’s not my back.
Randolph has not really found his groove yet following his return from knee surgery, however the Grizzlies have. They are the five seed in the West heading into a contest with the four-seed Clippers Monday night — Memphis is just 1.5 games back of Los Angeles heading into that game. Home court in the first round is within their site.
But it will be easier to reach that with Randolph than without him.
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 5
- Report: Minnesota agrees to trade Corey Brewer to Houston 5
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 42
- Kevin Durant turns ankle, leaves game not to return; X-rays negative. 4
- Report: Celtics ‘pretty pleased’ with return they got in trade for Rajon Rondo 31
- PBT Extra: Jabari Parker’s injury, what does it mean for Bucks, Rookie of Year race? 5
- Reports: Celtics agree to trade Rajon Rondo to Dallas Mavericks 39
- Andrew Bogut undergoes PRP therapy on knee, out indefinitely 9