Apr 9, 2012, 3:35 PM EST
It’s just that kind of year for Zach Radolph.
After missing much of the season with a knee injury, Randolph was in a minor car accident when he was rear-ended on the way to Monday shootaround, according to the Commercial Appeal. He skipped the team’s morning shootaround before taking on the Los Angeles Clippers in a game with many playoff implications Monday night.
Asked via text if he is OK, Randolph replied: “Yes. My back is just a little sore.”
It is unknown if Randolph will play. I’d say probably, but then I wasn’t in the accident and it’s not my back.
Randolph has not really found his groove yet following his return from knee surgery, however the Grizzlies have. They are the five seed in the West heading into a contest with the four-seed Clippers Monday night — Memphis is just 1.5 games back of Los Angeles heading into that game. Home court in the first round is within their site.
But it will be easier to reach that with Randolph than without him.
- Three Things We Learned in NBA Thursday: The All-Star Rosters need to be expanded 0
- One day after having surgery, Kobe Bryant came to see Pau Gasol 1
- Report: Dwight Howard could miss “extended time” with knee injury 2
- The three biggest All-Star snubs in each conference 17
- James Harden, three Hawks players lead list of NBA All-Star Game reserves 11
- Report: OKC front office backs Scott Brooks, may look to trade Reggie Jackson 9
- Dwyane Wade out indefinitely, says best case for his return is 2-3 weeks 9
- Report: Tom Thibodeau’s relationship with Bulls management believed to be ‘beyond repair’ 42