Apr 9, 2012, 4:11 PM EDT
A 6’3″ point guard, Johnson played 38 games for the Trail Blazers in 2010-11, averaging 2.9 ppg, shooting better than 40% from deep. He played then in one game this season after being called up from the Idaho Stampede. He is 23 years old and played college ball at Nevada.
With Jordan Farmar declared out for the year last week, the Nets need some additional minutes at point guard, so they’re giving Johnson a shot. Considering the success Gerald Green has had since the Nets decided to take a flyer on him, this could end up being a great chance for Johnson to get some real minutes and prove he belongs in the NBA.
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 12
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 31
- Derrick Rose on sexual assault suit: “I am confident I will be proven innocent” 4
- Report: Kyrie Irving likely not back opening night, could be out until January 14
- Legendary Sixer, backboard-shattering dunker Darryl Dawkins dies at 58 14
- After Rio Olympics next summer, who takes over at Team USA coach? 8