Apr 9, 2012, 4:11 PM EST
A 6’3″ point guard, Johnson played 38 games for the Trail Blazers in 2010-11, averaging 2.9 ppg, shooting better than 40% from deep. He played then in one game this season after being called up from the Idaho Stampede. He is 23 years old and played college ball at Nevada.
With Jordan Farmar declared out for the year last week, the Nets need some additional minutes at point guard, so they’re giving Johnson a shot. Considering the success Gerald Green has had since the Nets decided to take a flyer on him, this could end up being a great chance for Johnson to get some real minutes and prove he belongs in the NBA.
- LeBron, after Cavaliers lose by 23 at home to Pistons: ‘Right now we are not very good. In every aspect of the game’ 19
- Paul Pierce ‘shocked’ by Celtics trade of Rajon Rondo to Mavericks 11
- Kobe Bryant will return to Lakers lineup Sunday vs. Suns 14
- Kevin Love benched entire fourth quarter of Cavaliers win over Magic 27
- PBT’s Top 10 NBA stories of 2014, No. 10: Anthony Davis’ breakout 19
- Rumor: Ray Allen leaning toward retirement, not return 12
- Josh Smith makes Rockets debut, throws down two-handed dunk (VIDEO) 15
- Carmelo Anthony on the Knicks: “The fans are dying, we’re dying” 20