Apr 9, 2012, 4:11 PM EDT
A 6’3″ point guard, Johnson played 38 games for the Trail Blazers in 2010-11, averaging 2.9 ppg, shooting better than 40% from deep. He played then in one game this season after being called up from the Idaho Stampede. He is 23 years old and played college ball at Nevada.
With Jordan Farmar declared out for the year last week, the Nets need some additional minutes at point guard, so they’re giving Johnson a shot. Considering the success Gerald Green has had since the Nets decided to take a flyer on him, this could end up being a great chance for Johnson to get some real minutes and prove he belongs in the NBA.
- Sunday NBA grades: All hail the unstoppable Jodie Meeks 0
- Harden’s 17 fourth quarter points spark Rockets’ comeback win (VIDEO) 2
- Bulls beat Heat, show why nobody wants to face them in playoffs 47
- Former GM: Carmelo Anthony leaving in free agency would be ‘doing Knicks a favor’ 25
- Report: Cavaliers privately believe it’s not too late to lure LeBron back to Cleveland 20