Apr 9, 2012, 12:04 PM EDT
Here is our daily look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• After missing 15 games with a bacterial infection, Kyle Lowry was back in a Rockets uniform on Sunday and played 18 minutes in the Rockets easy victory over the Sacramento Kings.
• Lowry’s return may mean fewer minutes for Goran Dragic, who has been the Rockets’ best player over the past couple of weeks. It’s a good problem to have for coach Kevin McHale. It’s a tougher problem for GM Daryl Morey because Dragic is a restricted free agent this summer and Lowry locked up under a multi-year deal. A number of teams might make a run at Dragic and Morey will have a tough call to make.
• Over the weekend, Boston took over the league’s top spot in defensive efficiency, passing the slumping 76ers.
• After he put up 26 points on Sunday, safe bet the Cavaliers either give Lester Hudson another 10-day contract or pick him up for the rest of the season.
• The Kings’ Francisco Garcia got an inadvertent elbow to the head from Bobby Simmons of the Clippers and suffered a concussion. Garcia will be out until he clears the league’s concussion protocall.
• The Jazz lost shooting guard C.J. Miles (strained left calf) and backup point guard Earl Watson (sore right knee, said he could barely walk after the game) against the Spurs Sunday. Both to have MRI on Monday.
• Interesting note from the Bergin Record: Six players who have dressed for the Nets this season have been ruled out for the remainder of the year: Brook Lopez, Damion James, Jordan Farmar, Keith Bogans (released after left ankle surgery), Mehmet Okur (traded to Portland despite back issues) and Shawne Williams (traded to Portland despite left foot surgery).
• Here is a review of the new Larry Bird/Magic Johnson Broadway play, from Lakers bog Forum Blue and Gold.
- LeBron James posts triple-double, Al Horford ejected as Cavaliers take 3-0 series lead with OT Game 3 win over Hawks 22
- Kyrie Irving out for Game 3 for Cavaliers with knee tendonitis 3
- Lil B says James Harden is officially under the Based God’s curse 28
- Warriors don’t live by 3, die by 3. They live by defense, live by defense 9
- Stephen Curry drops 40, Warriors rout Rockets by 35 to take 3-0 series lead 27
- Hawks Kyle Korver out for remainder of playoffs with high ankle sprain 17
- Report: Scott Skiles in lead to become next Orlando coach 17
- Report: Jeff Van Gundy candidate for Pelicans’ coaching job 16