Apr 9, 2012, 1:56 PM EDT
Kobe sat out Saturday night, when the Lakers got throttled by the Phoenix Suns in their worst loss of the year. However, that loss had more to do with the porous Lakers defense than it did Kobe being out.
Whether by injury or coach’s orders, getting Kobe Bryant some rest at this point in the season is a good idea. He has played the second most minutes in the league at age 33. (Pau Gasol is third, Mike Brown may want to get him some rest, too.)
- Larry Bird, through Pacers general manager, says Frank Vogel’s job is safe 0
- Can LaMarcus Aldridge break the all-time single-playoff scoring record? 13
- Thursday NBA playoff previews: Which Indiana team shows up? 10
- Wednesday NBA grades: It’s LaMarcus Aldridge’s world and the Rockets have to live in it 21
- LaMarcus Aldridge ruining Dwight Howard’s chance at redemption 38