Apr 9, 2012, 1:56 PM EDT
Kobe sat out Saturday night, when the Lakers got throttled by the Phoenix Suns in their worst loss of the year. However, that loss had more to do with the porous Lakers defense than it did Kobe being out.
Whether by injury or coach’s orders, getting Kobe Bryant some rest at this point in the season is a good idea. He has played the second most minutes in the league at age 33. (Pau Gasol is third, Mike Brown may want to get him some rest, too.)
- Report: Knicks, Phil Jackson have deal in principle for him to oversee basketball operations 0
- Kevin Durant scores 42, Thunder win a chippy one over Rockets 5
- Report: Lakers to officially declare Kobe Bryant out for the season 13
- Suns’ P.J. Tucker suspended one game for blow to head of Blake Griffin 9
- Vogel: Andrew Bynum to play for Indiana Pacers Tuesday night 14