Apr 9, 2012, 1:56 PM EDT
Kobe sat out Saturday night, when the Lakers got throttled by the Phoenix Suns in their worst loss of the year. However, that loss had more to do with the porous Lakers defense than it did Kobe being out.
Whether by injury or coach’s orders, getting Kobe Bryant some rest at this point in the season is a good idea. He has played the second most minutes in the league at age 33. (Pau Gasol is third, Mike Brown may want to get him some rest, too.)
- Report: Sale of Milwaukee Bucks for record $550 million agreed upon, team to stay in Milwaukee 32
- Playoff Chase: Seven meaningful games on final night of NBA season 14
- 2014 PBT Awards: Most Improved Player 20
- Tuesday NBA grades: Chris Paul looks playoff ready 1
- Carmelo Anthony has torn labrum, Knicks shut him down for season 14