Apr 9, 2012, 8:50 AM EDT
In something that was long expected, Kansas junior forward Thomas Robinson will make it official that he is entering the NBA draft at a Monday press conference.
That is what the Kansas Journal-World is reporting.
KU coach Bill Self confirmed to the Journal-World on Sunday that Robinson would be turning pro. Self indicated he would say no more until the news conference.
DraftExpress has him going No. 4 overall. Robinson finally got to spread his wings as a Jayhawk with the Morris twins gone and averaged 17.9 points and 11.9 rebounds a game and was runner up to Anthony Davis at just about everything — from AP player of the year to the national title game.
He has a real NBA power forward body at 6’10” (in shoes) and he is a strong rebounder and defender who can jump out of the building. While he scored a lot of points at Kansas he isn’t the most polished offensive player yet, but the tools are there.
A lot of other key underclassmen have yet to announce — Andre Drummond of UConn, pretty much everyone at Kentucky — but that will happen over the coming weeks. We gave you a list of underclassmen that have declared, now you can add another to it.
- Old tweets: Kevin Durant uses gay slurs (including at Russell Westbrook), Damian Lillard rips LeBron James 15
- Wednesday night’s NBA winners, losers: Chris Bosh wants you to know he is a No. 1 option 14
- Rajon Rondo leads Celtics to rout of Nets. How much does it mean? 8
- Bulls cruise to 24-point opening night win over Knicks 13
- Lakers’ rookie Julius Randle has surgery to repair fractured tibia, out for season 16
- Anthony Davis has zero chance of winning MVP this season 38
- Dwight Howard says he wants to move on from Kobe, Lakers. Actions show feud going strong. 48
- NBA Opening Night Winners/Losers: Big nights for The Beard and The Brow 27