Apr 9, 2012, 8:50 AM EST
In something that was long expected, Kansas junior forward Thomas Robinson will make it official that he is entering the NBA draft at a Monday press conference.
That is what the Kansas Journal-World is reporting.
KU coach Bill Self confirmed to the Journal-World on Sunday that Robinson would be turning pro. Self indicated he would say no more until the news conference.
DraftExpress has him going No. 4 overall. Robinson finally got to spread his wings as a Jayhawk with the Morris twins gone and averaged 17.9 points and 11.9 rebounds a game and was runner up to Anthony Davis at just about everything — from AP player of the year to the national title game.
He has a real NBA power forward body at 6’10” (in shoes) and he is a strong rebounder and defender who can jump out of the building. While he scored a lot of points at Kansas he isn’t the most polished offensive player yet, but the tools are there.
A lot of other key underclassmen have yet to announce — Andre Drummond of UConn, pretty much everyone at Kentucky — but that will happen over the coming weeks. We gave you a list of underclassmen that have declared, now you can add another to it.
- Dallas moves into title contender status with addition of Rajon Rondo 25
- Kevin Durant turns ankle, leaves game not to return; X-rays negative. 2
- Report: Celtics ‘pretty pleased’ with return they got in trade for Rajon Rondo 28
- PBT Extra: Jabari Parker’s injury, what does it mean for Bucks, Rookie of Year race? 3
- Reports: Celtics agree to trade Rajon Rondo to Dallas Mavericks 36
- Andrew Bogut undergoes PRP therapy on knee, out indefinitely 9
- Report: Mavericks trading for Rajon Rondo could happen ‘sooner rather than later’ 10
- Carmelo Anthony introduces his latest signature shoe, the Jordan Melo M11 10