Apr 9, 2012, 8:50 AM EDT
In something that was long expected, Kansas junior forward Thomas Robinson will make it official that he is entering the NBA draft at a Monday press conference.
That is what the Kansas Journal-World is reporting.
KU coach Bill Self confirmed to the Journal-World on Sunday that Robinson would be turning pro. Self indicated he would say no more until the news conference.
DraftExpress has him going No. 4 overall. Robinson finally got to spread his wings as a Jayhawk with the Morris twins gone and averaged 17.9 points and 11.9 rebounds a game and was runner up to Anthony Davis at just about everything — from AP player of the year to the national title game.
He has a real NBA power forward body at 6’10” (in shoes) and he is a strong rebounder and defender who can jump out of the building. While he scored a lot of points at Kansas he isn’t the most polished offensive player yet, but the tools are there.
A lot of other key underclassmen have yet to announce — Andre Drummond of UConn, pretty much everyone at Kentucky — but that will happen over the coming weeks. We gave you a list of underclassmen that have declared, now you can add another to it.
- Report: Rajon Rondo agrees to one-year, $9.5 million deal with Sacramento Kings 25
- Report: DeAndre Jordan agrees to four-year, $80 million deal to join Dallas Mavericks 44
- Report: Kings signing Marco Belinelli to three-year, $19 million contract 15
- Report: Knicks to sign Robin Lopez to four-year, $54 million contract (unless DeAndre Jordan changes his mind) 8
- PBT Extra: Free agent signings we didn’t love 6
- Report: Wes Matthews reaches agreement to join Dallas Mavericks 23
- PBT Extra: Five best free agent signings in the first days of free agency 11
- Dwyane Wade agrees to one-year, $20 million deal to stay with Heat 55