Apr 9, 2012, 8:50 AM EDT
In something that was long expected, Kansas junior forward Thomas Robinson will make it official that he is entering the NBA draft at a Monday press conference.
That is what the Kansas Journal-World is reporting.
KU coach Bill Self confirmed to the Journal-World on Sunday that Robinson would be turning pro. Self indicated he would say no more until the news conference.
DraftExpress has him going No. 4 overall. Robinson finally got to spread his wings as a Jayhawk with the Morris twins gone and averaged 17.9 points and 11.9 rebounds a game and was runner up to Anthony Davis at just about everything — from AP player of the year to the national title game.
He has a real NBA power forward body at 6’10” (in shoes) and he is a strong rebounder and defender who can jump out of the building. While he scored a lot of points at Kansas he isn’t the most polished offensive player yet, but the tools are there.
A lot of other key underclassmen have yet to announce — Andre Drummond of UConn, pretty much everyone at Kentucky — but that will happen over the coming weeks. We gave you a list of underclassmen that have declared, now you can add another to it.
- Kevin Durant says he’d ‘love to’ stay with Thunder his entire career, wants his jersey retired in OKC 11
- Anthony Davis says James Harden should be MVP 20
- Stop judging J.J. Redick by his Duke days if you haven’t already 7
- Thunder say Kevin Durant underwent successful bone graft surgery, will return in 4-6 months 4
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Monday: DeMar DeRozan went Harden on Harden 12
- Derrick Rose returns to full-contact practice, Bulls return date still unknown 13
- Report: Sacramento consultant Chris Mullin to take St. John’s head coaching job 5
- PBT Extra: Taking twitter questions on Clippers, Michael Carter-Williams, more 7