Apr 9, 2012, 3:30 AM EDT
What you missed while buying a small town for yourself…
Celtics 103, Sixers 79: Paul Pierce was hot early but it was an 18-2 run in the second quarter that had the Celtics running away with this game and never looking back. The Celtics are playing well right now, while Philly is not defending (something it did well early in the season) and are turning ball over a lot on their way to four straight losses. Right now they are one game up of getting passed by Milwaukee and falling out of the playoffs.
Thunder 91, Raptors 75: Credit Toronto, which hung around this game on the road until midway through the third quarter. That’s when OKC went on a 24-0 run to end the quarter and start the fourth. That was it. What else did you expect to happen? Kevin Durant had 23 and owned the second half. Jose Calderon had 19 points to lead Toronto.
Heat 98, Pistons 75: Dwyane Wade was out with an ankle injury (a game after saying his legs were tired, but sure it’s an injury). The Heat are now 10-1 when Wade has missed a game this year, mostly because LeBron James decides to take over. He had 26 and the Heat took control with a 9-0 run in the second and never looked back.
Spurs 114, Jazz 104: San Antonio opened this game on a 12-4 run — thanks to Tony Parker’s 10 first quarter points (he finished with 27). Fans in San Antonio were chanting MVP at Parker, and he has to be in the conversation. Maybe third, but he needs to be in the conversation.
Nets 122, Cavaliers 118 (OT): This is why you need league pass — nobody thought this game would be the most entertaining game of the day, but it was. They traded threes in the fourth quarter, went into overtime and it was a 6-0 run in the extra period that got the Nets the win. Gerald Green had 32 to lead the Nets (12 in the fourth quarter), he has come on of late. Antawn Jamison had 34 for the Cavs.
Rockets 104, Kings 87: Kyle Lowry was back, but this was the Courtney Lee show — he had 17 first quarter points on 7-8 shooting including nailing all his threes. The Rockets never looked back from there. With the win the Rockets move up to the six seed in the West, still only 1.5 games ahead of the nine seed but they are not the team fading right now (hello Denver).
- Report: Heat, Goran Dragic agree to five-year deal worth $90 million 24
- Report: Paul Millsap had midnight meeting with Orlando, will decide between Magic and Hawks 9
- Report: Blazers, Damian Lillard nearing agreement on five-year max contract extension worth $120 million 17
- Report: Kawhi Leonard, Spurs reach deal for five-year, $90 million contract extension 19
- Anthony Davis and Pelicans agree to five-year, $145 million contract extension 35
- Report: Kevin Love to meet with Lakers later in week 16
- Report: Lakers working to clear out more cap space to land both LaMarcus Aldridge, DeAndre Jordan 33
- PBT Extra: What players will most influence free agency? 1