Apr 8, 2012, 6:27 PM EDT
So much for that “no rest for the Heat’s stars” pledge…
Shane Battier will start in his place.
Wade sat out a game against Philadelphia last week then said after the Heat’s loss to the Grizzlies that he felt his legs were tired before that game. With the Celtics, Bulls and Knicks coming up next week (plus the Bobcats, can’t ever forget the Bobcats) this seems like a logical game to rest someone, whether or not their ankle is hurting. But I’m sure it is.
Heat coach Erik Spoelstra said he wouldn’t, but he should be finding a way to rest key players here and there over the coming couple weeks to get everyone right for the playoffs.
- Shaq tells Suzy Shuster he, Kobe Bryant could have tied Jordan’s six titles 3
- Dwight Howard tried to take loaded gun through airport security, will not face charges 9
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 17
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 28
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4