Apr 8, 2012, 6:27 PM EST
So much for that “no rest for the Heat’s stars” pledge…
Shane Battier will start in his place.
Wade sat out a game against Philadelphia last week then said after the Heat’s loss to the Grizzlies that he felt his legs were tired before that game. With the Celtics, Bulls and Knicks coming up next week (plus the Bobcats, can’t ever forget the Bobcats) this seems like a logical game to rest someone, whether or not their ankle is hurting. But I’m sure it is.
Heat coach Erik Spoelstra said he wouldn’t, but he should be finding a way to rest key players here and there over the coming couple weeks to get everyone right for the playoffs.
- LeBron James: “We’re a very fragile team right now” 42
- Dwight Howard out vs. Mavericks Saturday, no timetable for his return 3
- If Derrick Rose not ready to return by Monday Bulls may add point guard to roster 12
- Another day, another Bulls injury: Taj Gibson out with sprained ankle 11
- Report: Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook could return to Thunder lineup next week 11
- Kobe Bryant says he took large enough discount for Lakers to contend 55
- Report: Jeff Taylor won’t appeal 24-game suspension 2
- Timberwolves’ Kevin Martin out indefinitely after scoring 31 points with fractured wrist 8