Apr 8, 2012, 6:27 PM EDT
So much for that “no rest for the Heat’s stars” pledge…
Shane Battier will start in his place.
Wade sat out a game against Philadelphia last week then said after the Heat’s loss to the Grizzlies that he felt his legs were tired before that game. With the Celtics, Bulls and Knicks coming up next week (plus the Bobcats, can’t ever forget the Bobcats) this seems like a logical game to rest someone, whether or not their ankle is hurting. But I’m sure it is.
Heat coach Erik Spoelstra said he wouldn’t, but he should be finding a way to rest key players here and there over the coming couple weeks to get everyone right for the playoffs.
- PBT Extra: Did Chicago make the right move in firing Thibodeau? 18
- Bulls front office on Tom Thibodeau firing: “We probably wouldn’t be sitting here if we won a championship” 11
- Bulls fire Tom Thibodeau 62
- Dwight Howard: “I’m still a champion. And I won’t let anyone tell me anything different.” 66
- Rockets had an excellent season. Are they content with that? 23
- Harden struggles, Warriors role players step up leading team to Finals for first time in 40 years 42
- Dwight Howard hit with suspension-triggering technical foul 7
- PBT Extra: Cavaliers’ improved defense helps them to Finals 8