Apr 8, 2012, 6:27 PM EDT
So much for that “no rest for the Heat’s stars” pledge…
Shane Battier will start in his place.
Wade sat out a game against Philadelphia last week then said after the Heat’s loss to the Grizzlies that he felt his legs were tired before that game. With the Celtics, Bulls and Knicks coming up next week (plus the Bobcats, can’t ever forget the Bobcats) this seems like a logical game to rest someone, whether or not their ankle is hurting. But I’m sure it is.
Heat coach Erik Spoelstra said he wouldn’t, but he should be finding a way to rest key players here and there over the coming couple weeks to get everyone right for the playoffs.
- USA cruises past Finland in World Cup opener, 114-55 11
- World Cup Preview: USA vs. Finland, what to expect 4
- James Harden on Kobe Bryant return: “He’s 20-year-old Kobe” 31
- Chris Paul discusses his signature shoe, hoops with media at launch of his Jordan Brand CP3 VIII (VIDEO) 5
- 67RIEFNS No. 1: Tom Thibodeau managing his bigs 22
- Derrick Rose knows injury questions will keep coming. And coming. And coming. 11
- FIBA World Cup preview: USA, Spain, then who else can medal? 2
- Official ‘Clippers’ Number 1 Fan’ on herself and Donald Sterling: ‘I’ll always feel it’s our team’ 21