Apr 8, 2012, 6:27 PM EST
So much for that “no rest for the Heat’s stars” pledge…
Shane Battier will start in his place.
Wade sat out a game against Philadelphia last week then said after the Heat’s loss to the Grizzlies that he felt his legs were tired before that game. With the Celtics, Bulls and Knicks coming up next week (plus the Bobcats, can’t ever forget the Bobcats) this seems like a logical game to rest someone, whether or not their ankle is hurting. But I’m sure it is.
Heat coach Erik Spoelstra said he wouldn’t, but he should be finding a way to rest key players here and there over the coming couple weeks to get everyone right for the playoffs.
- Lakers may give Kobe Bryant some nights off to rest. If he wants them. 16
- PBT’s Sunday Night Winners/Losers: Anthony Davis is playing like an MVP 8
- Sources: Kings prefer George Karl, not serious about hiring Mark Jackson 8
- Nuggets Danilo Gallinari has meniscus tear in right knee, out three weeks after surgery 7
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 19
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 12
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 10
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 20