Apr 7, 2012, 2:13 AM EDT
It should never have come to this: The Mavericks had a foul to give at the end of overtime and for reasons nobody understands Jason Terry fouled Raymond Felton with 3.7 seconds left 40 feet from the basket as Felton was losing control of the ball and wasn’t a threat to score.
It was a terrible foul because it let the Blazers reset and set up a play. Which they did for LaMarcus Aldridge and… well, see for yourself.
If the Mavericks end up with a playoff seeding and matchup they don’t like, this is the kind of game they can look back on and kick themselves.
- Bulls owner issues statement refuting rift between Bulls front office, Derrick Rose 11
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 17
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 49
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 89
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 61
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 30
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 43