Apr 6, 2012, 3:28 PM EST
Remember back in 2010 Knicks owner James Dolan tried to hire former coach and franchise destroyer Isiah Thomas as a consultant, only to have the plan blow up because you can’t coach a college team and have direct ties to an NBA franchise.
Friday Thomas was canned by Florida International University after three uninspiring seasons (they were 8-21 last season).
If you just said “but the Knicks would never bring back Thomas” because he set the franchise back on the court and cost them $11 million in a sexual harassment suit, you’re using logic. That may not apply here.
The Knicks are a franchise with some talent but with the jettisoning of Mike D’Antoni one in need of direction to guide them from here. A strong voice. Someone the owner trusts.
I’m not saying the Knicks are going to hire Thomas as a consultant or anything else. I’m just asking if it would really be a surprise?
- Report: Timberwolves’ Ricky Rubio set to return Monday vs. Dallas 8
- Nike unveils latest signature shoe for Kobe Bryant, the Kobe X (PHOTOS) 11
- Report: Nuggets trying to trade for Brook Lopez 12
- Last summer Carmelo Anthony, Kobe Bryant talked, decided it wouldn’t work together 32
- Jimmy Butler even plans to play defense in the All-Star Game 9
- Damian Lillard “disappointed,” “disrespected” not to make All-Star team 45
- DeMarcus Cousins replaces Kobe Bryant in All-Star game 11
- Tyson Chandler, better than ever, thinking legacy 10