Apr 6, 2012, 3:28 PM EST
Remember back in 2010 Knicks owner James Dolan tried to hire former coach and franchise destroyer Isiah Thomas as a consultant, only to have the plan blow up because you can’t coach a college team and have direct ties to an NBA franchise.
Friday Thomas was canned by Florida International University after three uninspiring seasons (they were 8-21 last season).
If you just said “but the Knicks would never bring back Thomas” because he set the franchise back on the court and cost them $11 million in a sexual harassment suit, you’re using logic. That may not apply here.
The Knicks are a franchise with some talent but with the jettisoning of Mike D’Antoni one in need of direction to guide them from here. A strong voice. Someone the owner trusts.
I’m not saying the Knicks are going to hire Thomas as a consultant or anything else. I’m just asking if it would really be a surprise?
- Nuggets Danilo Gallinari has meniscus tear in right knee, out three weeks after surgery 2
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 17
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 12
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 10
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 18
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 59
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 8
- Kendrick Perkins: Rajon Rondo wanted out of Boston 8