Apr 6, 2012, 3:28 PM EDT
Remember back in 2010 Knicks owner James Dolan tried to hire former coach and franchise destroyer Isiah Thomas as a consultant, only to have the plan blow up because you can’t coach a college team and have direct ties to an NBA franchise.
Friday Thomas was canned by Florida International University after three uninspiring seasons (they were 8-21 last season).
If you just said “but the Knicks would never bring back Thomas” because he set the franchise back on the court and cost them $11 million in a sexual harassment suit, you’re using logic. That may not apply here.
The Knicks are a franchise with some talent but with the jettisoning of Mike D’Antoni one in need of direction to guide them from here. A strong voice. Someone the owner trusts.
I’m not saying the Knicks are going to hire Thomas as a consultant or anything else. I’m just asking if it would really be a surprise?
- Report: Kings expected to hire Nancy Lieberman as assistant coach 3
- Report: Hawks’ Mike Scott arrested for felony drug possession 1
- Gilbert Arenas on LeBron James: “James isn’t a #1 option..and yes I (didn’t stutter)” 31
- Report: Veteran point guard Andre Miller reaches one-year deal with Timberwolves 8
- Who is still out there: Top 10 free agents still on the market 14
- Donald Trump says he’s becoming a Mavericks fan after Mark Cuban’s comments 47
- Report: Michael Jordan shot down Boston draft-day effort to get Charlotte No. 9 pick 31
- Wisconsin State Assembly passes Bucks arena deal, clearing the way for Gov. Walker to sign 40