Apr 6, 2012, 3:28 PM EST
Remember back in 2010 Knicks owner James Dolan tried to hire former coach and franchise destroyer Isiah Thomas as a consultant, only to have the plan blow up because you can’t coach a college team and have direct ties to an NBA franchise.
Friday Thomas was canned by Florida International University after three uninspiring seasons (they were 8-21 last season).
If you just said “but the Knicks would never bring back Thomas” because he set the franchise back on the court and cost them $11 million in a sexual harassment suit, you’re using logic. That may not apply here.
The Knicks are a franchise with some talent but with the jettisoning of Mike D’Antoni one in need of direction to guide them from here. A strong voice. Someone the owner trusts.
I’m not saying the Knicks are going to hire Thomas as a consultant or anything else. I’m just asking if it would really be a surprise?
- Kobe Bryant: “We’re not a 3-11 team. We’re not.” 12
- Tom Thibodeau is getting tired of answering Derrick Rose questions 14
- Veteran NBA coach: ‘I think (Cavaliers head coach David Blatt) is struggling a bit’ 28
- PBT’s Monday night NBA Winners/Losers: That looks more like the Cavaliers we expected 12
- Carmelo Anthony exits Knicks-Rockets game with apparent back injury 9
- Russell Westbrook and Kevin Durant progressing in rehab, Westbrook could play Friday 6
- Lakers forward Xavier Henry ruptured Achilles in practice, out for season 23
- PBT Extra: Our Thanksgiving week turkeys, starting with the 76ers 2