Apr 6, 2012, 9:55 PM EDT
He will have the surgery on Saturday and will be re-evaluated right before the playoffs start. Again, we’d say this could have a big impact on their playoff chances if other issues were not having a much bigger impact on their playoff chances.
4:11 pm: Because the Magic really needed another thing to go wrong right now…
Hedo Turkoglu is out for the Magic on Saturday for sure and maybe much longer based on this tweet from Brian Schmitz of the Orlando Sentinel:
Magic small forward Hedo Turkoglu tells Sentinel he might need surgery to repair fractures in right cheekbone.
Turkoglu was banged around pretty good Thursday, pretty much like the Magic team at the hands of the Knicks. Turkoglu fell early on his elbow and later needed stitches to close a cut under his eye.
Turns out, may be a little more than that.
- PBT’s NBA Power Rankings: Cream rising to top as playoffs near 7
- Report: Patrick Beverley out for rest of season, including playoffs 3
- Breaking down Western Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 6
- Breaking down Eastern Conference playoff chase with two weeks left in season 6
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: Dwyane Wade is going to will Heat into playoffs 13
- Sad news: Craig Sager announces his cancer has returned 16
- NBA players’ union head believes new labor deal can be reached without a work stoppage 11
- Kendrick Perkins says you’re blowing the LeBron James/Kevin Love thing way out of proportion 23