Apr 6, 2012, 9:55 PM EST
He will have the surgery on Saturday and will be re-evaluated right before the playoffs start. Again, we’d say this could have a big impact on their playoff chances if other issues were not having a much bigger impact on their playoff chances.
4:11 pm: Because the Magic really needed another thing to go wrong right now…
Hedo Turkoglu is out for the Magic on Saturday for sure and maybe much longer based on this tweet from Brian Schmitz of the Orlando Sentinel:
Magic small forward Hedo Turkoglu tells Sentinel he might need surgery to repair fractures in right cheekbone.
Turkoglu was banged around pretty good Thursday, pretty much like the Magic team at the hands of the Knicks. Turkoglu fell early on his elbow and later needed stitches to close a cut under his eye.
Turns out, may be a little more than that.
- Five Things We Learned in NBA Sunday: James Harden, LeBron James want your MVP vote 5
- Report: Sixers agree to buyout with JaVale McGee; he can sign with contender 15
- Report: Sixers engaged in buyout talks with JaVale McGee 20
- Bulls’ Jimmy Butler leaves with elbow injury, does not return (VIDEO) 0
- Adam Silver says data may prove Gregg Popovich right in terms of resting multiple players 11
- Rockets general manager Daryl Morey proposes loosening NBA trade rules 6
- Derrick Rose starts rehab, in “good spirits” after knee surgery 11
- Russell Westbrook undergoes procedure to address cheek fracture, will be re-evaluated next week 6