Apr 6, 2012, 9:55 PM EST
He will have the surgery on Saturday and will be re-evaluated right before the playoffs start. Again, we’d say this could have a big impact on their playoff chances if other issues were not having a much bigger impact on their playoff chances.
4:11 pm: Because the Magic really needed another thing to go wrong right now…
Hedo Turkoglu is out for the Magic on Saturday for sure and maybe much longer based on this tweet from Brian Schmitz of the Orlando Sentinel:
Magic small forward Hedo Turkoglu tells Sentinel he might need surgery to repair fractures in right cheekbone.
Turkoglu was banged around pretty good Thursday, pretty much like the Magic team at the hands of the Knicks. Turkoglu fell early on his elbow and later needed stitches to close a cut under his eye.
Turns out, may be a little more than that.
- Carmelo Anthony sits out second half vs. Portland with sore knee 0
- LeBron, after Cavaliers lose by 23 at home to Pistons: ‘Right now we are not very good. In every aspect of the game’ 29
- Paul Pierce ‘shocked’ by Celtics trade of Rajon Rondo to Mavericks 16
- Kobe Bryant will return to Lakers lineup Sunday vs. Suns 15
- Kevin Love benched entire fourth quarter of Cavaliers win over Magic 30
- PBT’s Top 10 NBA stories of 2014, No. 10: Anthony Davis’ breakout 19
- Rumor: Ray Allen leaning toward retirement, not return 12
- Josh Smith makes Rockets debut, throws down two-handed dunk (VIDEO) 15