Apr 6, 2012, 9:55 PM EST
He will have the surgery on Saturday and will be re-evaluated right before the playoffs start. Again, we’d say this could have a big impact on their playoff chances if other issues were not having a much bigger impact on their playoff chances.
4:11 pm: Because the Magic really needed another thing to go wrong right now…
Hedo Turkoglu is out for the Magic on Saturday for sure and maybe much longer based on this tweet from Brian Schmitz of the Orlando Sentinel:
Magic small forward Hedo Turkoglu tells Sentinel he might need surgery to repair fractures in right cheekbone.
Turkoglu was banged around pretty good Thursday, pretty much like the Magic team at the hands of the Knicks. Turkoglu fell early on his elbow and later needed stitches to close a cut under his eye.
Turns out, may be a little more than that.
- Kendrick Perkins tells Joakim Noah to “get your a– up out’ of Thunder locker room 0
- The Extra Pass: Chicago’s never-ending story, plus Thursday’s recaps 0
- No stars, no problem: Spurs reserves too much for Warriors in 104-102 win 3
- Kobe injury a reality check for Lakers, doesn’t really change plan 12
- Spurs will rest Tim Duncan and Manu Ginobili in nationally televised game, Tony Parker also out 26
- Kobe Bryant is out six weeks with fracture in the left knee (58)
- Report: Heat have interest in Celtics’ Jordan Crawford (50)
- Pau Gasol expresses frustration with D’Antoni offense. Lakers have to think trade. (49)
- Mike D’Antoni to Pau Gasol: “There’s no reason to not play hard” (48)
- LeBron did foul Paul George on final shot but there was no call (VIDEO) (45)