Apr 6, 2012, 11:28 AM EDT
Here is our daily look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• Miami is changing up some of its offensive sets to be better prepared for the slowed down, half-court style of play that comes with the playoffs. Specifically, the LeBron James/Dwyane Wade pick-and-roll.
• Former NBA player Loren Woods was arrested on DUI charges in Tampa after being pulled over and refusing a blood-alcohol test. Woods, 33, spent six years in the NBA.
• Taking a look at the legendary (at least in NBA circles) Phoenix Suns training staff.
• A good read by Kelly Dwyer about the rebuilding challenges for the Trail Blazers. They aren’t rebuilding in the traditional way.
• Kendrick Perkins has 12 technical fouls now. One more and the Thunder center is suspended for a game.
• Michael Beasley hopes to return to the Timberwolves rotation this weekend, but says he is only at “70%-80%” because of his toe injury.
• Even with the Suns making playoff push, nobody expects Aaron Brooks to return to the team. He will be a restricted free agent this summer.
• LSU center Justin Hamilton says he is leaving school to go to the NBA. He is on nobody’s draft board and is going to have to earn a way on to a roster the hard way.
• Sometimes the Clippers remind you that even with great players, they are still the Clippers.
• The Dakota Wizards of the D-League may be moving to a slightly warming climate — Santa Cruz, California.
• The Raptors signed Alan Anderson to a second 10-day contract.
• Rockets have sent point guard Courtney Fortson down to the D-League.
- Spurs/Grizzlies preview: Game 2 will be closer, but will that be enough for Memphis? 0
- Report: Dwight Howard told Lakers GM he was frustrated with D’Antoni 23
- Durant, Thunder players tweet out support for Oklahoma City 6
- Brothers allege entourage of Damian Lillard beat them for taking his picture 18
- Amar’e Stoudemire still thinks Knicks’ front court trio can work 17
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (119)
- Knicks predictably drop Game 4 to Pacers, fall behind 3-1 (93)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (87)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (73)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Wings stun Hawks again, take 2-1 series lead
- Posnanski: Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- Sports world keeps eye on Oklahoma tornado
- PBT: Vogel downplays war of words with LeBron
- HBT: Camera catches Marlins' Sanabia with spitball
- PBT: Howard reportedly frustrated with D'Antoni
- PBT: Durant, Thunder send support to tornado victims
- Play Video: Grizzlies ready for 'running' Spurs
- Play Video: Durant won't 'compromise himself' like other stars
- Play Video: Knicks avoid elimination
- Play Video: Heat finish off Bulls, James 'has no energy left'
- Play Video: Health woes make Heat vulnerable
- Play Video: Good news for Sacramento, Kings stay