Apr 6, 2012, 11:28 AM EDT
Here is our daily look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• Miami is changing up some of its offensive sets to be better prepared for the slowed down, half-court style of play that comes with the playoffs. Specifically, the LeBron James/Dwyane Wade pick-and-roll.
• Former NBA player Loren Woods was arrested on DUI charges in Tampa after being pulled over and refusing a blood-alcohol test. Woods, 33, spent six years in the NBA.
• Taking a look at the legendary (at least in NBA circles) Phoenix Suns training staff.
• A good read by Kelly Dwyer about the rebuilding challenges for the Trail Blazers. They aren’t rebuilding in the traditional way.
• Kendrick Perkins has 12 technical fouls now. One more and the Thunder center is suspended for a game.
• Michael Beasley hopes to return to the Timberwolves rotation this weekend, but says he is only at “70%-80%” because of his toe injury.
• Even with the Suns making playoff push, nobody expects Aaron Brooks to return to the team. He will be a restricted free agent this summer.
• LSU center Justin Hamilton says he is leaving school to go to the NBA. He is on nobody’s draft board and is going to have to earn a way on to a roster the hard way.
• Sometimes the Clippers remind you that even with great players, they are still the Clippers.
• The Dakota Wizards of the D-League may be moving to a slightly warming climate — Santa Cruz, California.
• The Raptors signed Alan Anderson to a second 10-day contract.
• Rockets have sent point guard Courtney Fortson down to the D-League.
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Wizard’s defense peaking at right time 0
- Report: Chandler Parsons to have knee surgery, could require microfracture surgery 3
- Cavaliers’ J.R. Smith gets two-game suspension for shot to Jae Crowder’s head 27
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: Draymond Green helped hold Anthony Davis in relative check 4
- Cavaliers’ Kevin Love out for entire conference semifinals (likely vs. Bulls) 9
- PBT Extra with NBASavant.com: LeBron got his shots despite good Celtics defense 3
- PBT Extra: For how long should J.R. Smith be suspended? 34
- Report: If Kevin Love leaves Cavaliers, Lakers are team to beat in free agency 32