Apr 6, 2012, 11:59 AM EDT
A lot of teams have done it this season — seen the Bulls did not have Derrick Rose suited up and relaxed. Played it cool. Only to find out the Bulls are pretty good without him.
Boston did that Thursday — they came out without their usual fire and it caught up with them in the third quarter when the Bulls took the lead and never looked back.
That ticked off Doc Rivers. Here is his post-game press conference.
“I had to use two timeouts in the first half to remind us that we had an NBA game tonight.”
“I thought that was the worst loss for us this year, with the way we approached the game.”
“Chicago was just too tough for us.”
With the playoffs now just a few weeks away coaches are starting to send messages, either through playing time or ripping your team in the media. Rivers went the second route.
Somehow, you know these veteran Celtics will be a little more focused when the playoffs do arrive.
- Chris Paul discusses his signature shoe, hoops with media at launch of his Jordan Brand CP3 VIII (VIDEO) 2
- 67RIEFNS No. 1: Tom Thibodeau managing his bigs 16
- Derrick Rose knows injury questions will keep coming. And coming. And coming. 7
- FIBA World Cup preview: USA, Spain, then who else can medal? 0
- Official ‘Clippers’ Number 1 Fan’ on herself and Donald Sterling: ‘I’ll always feel it’s our team’ 17
- Cavaliers GM admits concerns about rim protection on defense 19
- Coach K had DeMarcus Cousins as USA’s backup big long before final cuts 6
- World Cup preview: No Durant, no problem USA still one of two teams with legit shot to win gold 6