Apr 6, 2012, 8:57 AM EDT
What you missed while watching your kid freak out about the Easter Bunny…
Knicks 96, Magic 80: The Knicks are feeling confident and finding their stride as the Magic are coming apart at the seams. The other key — Tyson Chandler is one of the few centers who can match up with Dwight Howard. It was our game of the night.
Bulls 93, Celtics 85: It was a tale of two halves. In the first one the Celtics rolled, holding Chicago to 38 total points (the Bulls were without Derrick Rose again), while Paul Pierce alone scored 17 points to help the team build a 10-point lead at the break. Then the second half opened with a quick 6-0 Bulls run and it was a sign of things to come as the older legs of the Celtics looked like they were on a back-to-back. Chicago’s defense held the Celtics to 38 second half points while Luol Deng dropped 18 of his 26 after the halftime show.
Clippers 93, Kings 85: Los Angeles led most of the way but this is a feisty Kings squad that had a 10-2 run in the fourth quarter and made a real game of it. Late in the game, the Kings followed the book on Blake Griffin and let him take to top-of-the-key jumpers rather than drive — and he buried them. If he gets that shot down, watch out. Randy Foye continued his hot play and had 20. On the other side Jason Thompson must have watched the Andrew Bynum tapes from the night before and finished with 15 points and 16 rebounds.
Pistons 99, Wizards 94: Detroit once again proves that it is the best of the NBA’s bad teams. Greg Monroe had 18 points without having to play the fourth quarter (he had it easy with Nene still out) and Rodney Stuckey had 15 off the bench for the Pistons. John Wall — 28 points, 10 assists — was the best and most aggressive player on the floor but it wasn’t enough. At the end the Wizards tried to foul Ben Wallace (hack-a-Ben?), and he knocked down 5 of 6 free throws.
- Bruce Bowen says blame for James Harden’s defense falls on McHale, Rockets 9
- NBA to review domestic violence policies in wake of NFL’s ugliness. It shouldn’t have taken that. 12
- Cavaliers lift ban on fan who ran onto court with LeBron James shirt 15
- Blake Griffin said he knew Donald Sterling was racist, wasn’t really surprised by tape 13
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Chicago Bulls 11
- Tony Parker hits a back over-the-head halfcourt shot (VIDEO) 8
- Timberwolves ‘not necessarily in a rush’ to agree to contract extension with Ricky Rubio 17
- Andray Blatche signs deal to play in China next season 11