Apr 5, 2012, 12:24 AM EST
RIP Pau Gasol.
Blake Griffin is a tough cover for anybody in the league, but particularly Gasol — Griffin plays an aggressive, attacking game using his great strength and athleticism. Gasol is smarter, more fundamental than you. (And spare me the Gasol is soft stuff, or did you not watch him defend Dwight Howard in the NBA finals to a standstill. He’s tougher than you are.)
If Griffin can use his strength it is no contest — and it was no contest. Griffin just destroyed Gasol twice on Wednesday night. Destroyed. (Yes, that is an offensive foul with the clear out in the top video, but it’s not if it isn’t called.)
Hat tip to InsideHoops.com for the videos.
- Days before he faced LeBron, Paul George said Durant is NBA’s toughest cover 8
- A day later, Kobe didn’t think he played quite so bad 1
- Why question “When did basketball get so bad?” misses mark 18
- Adam Silver: NBA to consider doing away with divisions 15
- The Extra Pass: Five quick ways to improve the league; plus Monday’s Recaps 15
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (65)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (54)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (47)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (43)
- Durant tells “60 Minutes Sports” he’s still tired of being No. 2 (35)