Apr 5, 2012, 12:24 AM EST
RIP Pau Gasol.
Blake Griffin is a tough cover for anybody in the league, but particularly Gasol — Griffin plays an aggressive, attacking game using his great strength and athleticism. Gasol is smarter, more fundamental than you. (And spare me the Gasol is soft stuff, or did you not watch him defend Dwight Howard in the NBA finals to a standstill. He’s tougher than you are.)
If Griffin can use his strength it is no contest — and it was no contest. Griffin just destroyed Gasol twice on Wednesday night. Destroyed. (Yes, that is an offensive foul with the clear out in the top video, but it’s not if it isn’t called.)
Hat tip to InsideHoops.com for the videos.
- Thursday night NBA Grades: Mike Woodson is allowed to exhale 0
- Knicks snap nine-game losing streak by crushing depleted Nets 1
- David Stern issues statement on passing of Nelson Mandela, players take to twitter 6
- Kobe Bryant sounds close to return, will not offer specific date 5
- Knicks and Nets might not remain so mockable for long, so enjoy it while you can 14
- LeBron says Wade is “getting that Kobe deal” in next contract. Should he? (64)
- The Extra Pass: Our awards at the quarter pole, plus Monday recaps (42)
- Michael Beasley finding a role, groove in Miami (41)
- Kobe Bryant dunks, looks good in Lakers practice; Friday return possible (38)
- Dwight Howard frustrated with Rockets’ effort in recent losses (36)