Apr 5, 2012, 12:24 AM EDT
RIP Pau Gasol.
Blake Griffin is a tough cover for anybody in the league, but particularly Gasol — Griffin plays an aggressive, attacking game using his great strength and athleticism. Gasol is smarter, more fundamental than you. (And spare me the Gasol is soft stuff, or did you not watch him defend Dwight Howard in the NBA finals to a standstill. He’s tougher than you are.)
If Griffin can use his strength it is no contest — and it was no contest. Griffin just destroyed Gasol twice on Wednesday night. Destroyed. (Yes, that is an offensive foul with the clear out in the top video, but it’s not if it isn’t called.)
Hat tip to InsideHoops.com for the videos.
- Should NBA coaches get NFL style challenge flags? 17
- Report: Suns discussing trade possibilities for Eric Bledsoe 25
- Report: Sixers may look to trade for Amar’e Stoudemire at this season’s deadline 32
- Kevin Durant reiterates that rest was his reason for withdrawing from Team USA 9
- Kobe Bryant says he will not be same player as before, says he’s evolved into something equally good 25
- Report: Agent for Greg Monroe pursued sign-and-trade deals with five teams, including Thunder and Blazers 25
- Derrick Rose sits out another Team USA practice, not likely to start Wednesday 23
- DeMarcus Cousins practices with team USA Tuesday, says he’s 50-50 for Wednesday game 2