Apr 5, 2012, 12:24 AM EDT
RIP Pau Gasol.
Blake Griffin is a tough cover for anybody in the league, but particularly Gasol — Griffin plays an aggressive, attacking game using his great strength and athleticism. Gasol is smarter, more fundamental than you. (And spare me the Gasol is soft stuff, or did you not watch him defend Dwight Howard in the NBA finals to a standstill. He’s tougher than you are.)
If Griffin can use his strength it is no contest — and it was no contest. Griffin just destroyed Gasol twice on Wednesday night. Destroyed. (Yes, that is an offensive foul with the clear out in the top video, but it’s not if it isn’t called.)
Hat tip to InsideHoops.com for the videos.
- NBA’s 44-minute game clocks in at under two hours, players barely notice 0
- Nets coach Hollins on 44-minute game: ‘The change will be for the guys who don’t start’ 9
- Spurs’ Gregg Popovich fires back at Suns owner’s apology: ‘I’m just surprised he didn’t do it in a chicken suit’ 6
- Blake Griffin goes after Trevor Booker following flagrant foul, says he may retaliate in the future (VIDEO) 30
- Suns coach Hornacek says shortening games won’t help teams rest their stars 2
- Lakers coach Byron Scott’s philosophy on three-pointers: ‘I don’t believe it wins championships’ 33
- Accounting for Klay Thompson choosing a contract extension over new-TV-deal money 2
- Kobe Bryant calls ESPN voters who ranked him No. 40 ‘idiots’ 34