Apr 5, 2012, 12:24 AM EST
RIP Pau Gasol.
Blake Griffin is a tough cover for anybody in the league, but particularly Gasol — Griffin plays an aggressive, attacking game using his great strength and athleticism. Gasol is smarter, more fundamental than you. (And spare me the Gasol is soft stuff, or did you not watch him defend Dwight Howard in the NBA finals to a standstill. He’s tougher than you are.)
If Griffin can use his strength it is no contest — and it was no contest. Griffin just destroyed Gasol twice on Wednesday night. Destroyed. (Yes, that is an offensive foul with the clear out in the top video, but it’s not if it isn’t called.)
Hat tip to InsideHoops.com for the videos.
- Five things to watch as NBA takes over Christmas Day 13
- Cavaliers center Anderson Varejao tears Achilles, done for season 29
- Miami Heat fans were hurt when LeBron left, they may let him hear it. Somewhat. 21
- Nikola Vucevic and Tobias Harris coming into their own for Magic 6
- PBT Tuesday Night Winners/Losers: Sixers, Lakers show the last will be first (for a night) 13
- Anderson Varejao leaves Cavaliers game with foot injury not to return, MRI Wednesday 5
- Report: Rockets ‘very confident’ they’ll land Josh Smith 19
- Report: Sixers want Andrei Kirilenko to report to team, prepare to play 16