Apr 5, 2012, 12:11 PM EDT
Here is our daily look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• Mohammad El Akkari scored 113 points in a Lebenese league game. Jim Buss now wants to draft him.
• Dennis Rodman may play in the Bulgarian All-Star game. No, sadly we are serious.
• John Calipari went to the Spurs at the Celtics game last night. Don’t read anything into that — if he does come to coach in the NBA next season it will not be because he deposed Doc Rivers or Gregg Popovich. My guess, he was coming to see if Rajon Rondo had any eligibility left.
• The Rockets have inked Earl Boykins to a second 10-day contract.
• Metta World Peace said after the Lakers win that he is playing through some minor ankle pain suffered in the OKC game.
• Happy birthday Matt Bonner. Today your sandwich is on me.
• NBA agent Aaron Mintz resigned from Priority Sports & Entertainment (Mark Bartelstein’s group) and signed with Creative Artists Agency (CAA). And now Mintz has filed a lawsuit against his former employer.
• Al Thornton is working hard to get healthy and get back to the NBA.
• Trey Burke, the small and quick Michigan point guard, has declared for the draft after his freshman season. He’s strong and has some skills but is considered a second round pick right now by most scouts. Going to need some monster workouts to change that.
• Boston Celtics’ Paul Pierce and the Oklahoma City Thunder’s Kevin Durant were named the NBA Eastern and Western Conference Players of the Month for March Pierce averaged 22.3 points, 5.6 rebounds and 3.6 assists for the month. This is two in a row for Durant.
• Magic Johnson talks about the NBA, but also about this cool new toy he bought.
• Justin Dentmon could get a call up from the D-League by the Raptors.
- Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle fined $25K for publicly criticizing officials after Game 3 loss to Rockets 1
- PBT Extra: Stephen Curry starting to have his defining playoff moments 8
- Behind 32 points from Kawhi Leonard, Spurs rout Clippers to take 2-1 series lead 13
- The Truth (and Marcin Gortat) will set Washington free, up 3-0 on Toronto after win 6
- James Harden scores 42 points to lead Rockets to Game 3 win, 3-0 series lead over Mavericks 17
- Why can’t the Pelicans foul in a timely manner? 7
- PBT Extra: No Rajon Rondo, no Chandler Parsons, Dallas is in trouble vs. Houston 6
- Stephen Curry drops 40, leads 20-point comeback as Warriors beat Pelicans in OT, take 3-0 series lead 10