Apr 5, 2012, 12:11 PM EDT
Here is our daily look around the NBA — links to stories worth reading and notes to check out (stuff that did not get its own post here at PBT) — done in bullet point form. Because bloggers love bullet points.
• Mohammad El Akkari scored 113 points in a Lebenese league game. Jim Buss now wants to draft him.
• Dennis Rodman may play in the Bulgarian All-Star game. No, sadly we are serious.
• John Calipari went to the Spurs at the Celtics game last night. Don’t read anything into that — if he does come to coach in the NBA next season it will not be because he deposed Doc Rivers or Gregg Popovich. My guess, he was coming to see if Rajon Rondo had any eligibility left.
• The Rockets have inked Earl Boykins to a second 10-day contract.
• Metta World Peace said after the Lakers win that he is playing through some minor ankle pain suffered in the OKC game.
• Happy birthday Matt Bonner. Today your sandwich is on me.
• NBA agent Aaron Mintz resigned from Priority Sports & Entertainment (Mark Bartelstein’s group) and signed with Creative Artists Agency (CAA). And now Mintz has filed a lawsuit against his former employer.
• Al Thornton is working hard to get healthy and get back to the NBA.
• Trey Burke, the small and quick Michigan point guard, has declared for the draft after his freshman season. He’s strong and has some skills but is considered a second round pick right now by most scouts. Going to need some monster workouts to change that.
• Boston Celtics’ Paul Pierce and the Oklahoma City Thunder’s Kevin Durant were named the NBA Eastern and Western Conference Players of the Month for March Pierce averaged 22.3 points, 5.6 rebounds and 3.6 assists for the month. This is two in a row for Durant.
• Magic Johnson talks about the NBA, but also about this cool new toy he bought.
• Justin Dentmon could get a call up from the D-League by the Raptors.
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 17
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 45
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 89
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 60
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 30
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 43
- Report: Sixers fighting against immediate changes to NBA Draft Lottery system 59