Apr 5, 2012, 7:09 PM EST
Not that anybody was really expecting Amare Stoudemire back soon anyway….
But the dates for Stoudemire’s return got pushed back a little bit more. According to Newsday, Stoudemire will be out 2-4 weeks from when he got the epidural shot in his back, not from the injury.
That was last Thursday. So the earliest Stoudemire could return is April 13 against Washington, which doesn’t seem likely at this point.
“It’s still day-to-day,” interim coach Mike Woodson said. “You’re talking 2-4 weeks maybe, if that. I keep saying day-to-day in hopes that he might come back. After taking the shot, they’re still saying 2-4 weeks. All I can do is wait. Two to four weeks can’t come fast enough, put it that way.”
If two weeks is April 13 four weeks would be April 27 — the playoffs start April 28. How much help would Stoudemire be for the Knicks if he comes back rusty for the playoffs (and still maybe not able to play at 100 percent).
So far it hasn’t been a huge problem — the Knicks have been able to win enough to hold on to a playoff spot without Stoudemire or Jeremy Lin, and with a banged up Stoudemire. But the Knicks didn’t come into this season with the goal of just making the playoffs, and it’s hard to see how a first round playoff series with the Bulls works out well for them.
- Sources: Kings prefer George Karl, not serious about hiring Mark Jackson 8
- Nuggets Danilo Gallinari has meniscus tear in right knee, out three weeks after surgery 5
- Rajon Rondo was very Rondoesque in debut with Mavericks (VIDEO) 19
- Report: Kings discussing trade for Deron Williams with Nets 12
- Report: Multiple teams contacting Suns trying to trade for Goran Dragic 10
- Clippers rip officials after being called for seven technical fouls in loss to Nuggets 18
- Jeremy Lin after Kobe misses at the buzzer: ‘I like game-winners too’ 60
- Damian Lillard drops career high 43, leads Blazers to 3OT win over Spurs (VIDEO) 8