Apr 5, 2012, 7:09 PM EDT
Not that anybody was really expecting Amare Stoudemire back soon anyway….
But the dates for Stoudemire’s return got pushed back a little bit more. According to Newsday, Stoudemire will be out 2-4 weeks from when he got the epidural shot in his back, not from the injury.
That was last Thursday. So the earliest Stoudemire could return is April 13 against Washington, which doesn’t seem likely at this point.
“It’s still day-to-day,” interim coach Mike Woodson said. “You’re talking 2-4 weeks maybe, if that. I keep saying day-to-day in hopes that he might come back. After taking the shot, they’re still saying 2-4 weeks. All I can do is wait. Two to four weeks can’t come fast enough, put it that way.”
If two weeks is April 13 four weeks would be April 27 — the playoffs start April 28. How much help would Stoudemire be for the Knicks if he comes back rusty for the playoffs (and still maybe not able to play at 100 percent).
So far it hasn’t been a huge problem — the Knicks have been able to win enough to hold on to a playoff spot without Stoudemire or Jeremy Lin, and with a banged up Stoudemire. But the Knicks didn’t come into this season with the goal of just making the playoffs, and it’s hard to see how a first round playoff series with the Bulls works out well for them.
- Bulls owner issues statement refuting rift between Bulls front office, Derrick Rose 12
- If traded before World Cup starts could Kevin Love still play for USA? Colangelo said it’s possible. 2
- Anthony Davis steps into spotlight, is Team USA’s lynchpin 17
- Referee Violet Palmer comes out publicly as gay 49
- Report: Cavaliers last team standing in Kevin Love trade talks 89
- Pat Riley says he didn’t think LeBron was leaving, Heat can turn around quickly 61
- Coach K on Rose: “Derrick’s played great, not good, and hasn’t held anything back” 30
- Report: Anthony Bennett pulled from pro-am by agent, possibly due to his inclusion in Kevin Love trade talks 43