Apr 5, 2012, 9:52 PM EDT
Remember earlier this season when Jazz legend Karl Malone and Jazz owner Greg Miller were feuding over how the firing of Jerry Sloan went down and loyalty within the organization. Thing is the Sloan issue was a year old and Sloan himself had to tell them to shut up already.
Well, if all of that slipped your mind don’t worry about it.
Miller and Malone have buried the hatchet and moved on, according to the Salt Lake Tribune.
Miller and Malone exchanged smiles and warmly embraced Wednesday night in an EnergySolutions tunnel, minutes before the Jazz tipped off against the Phoenix Suns.
“Karl and I have got it worked out and everything’s good,” Miller said.
The reunion came not so coincidentally on the night David Stern was in Salt Lake City — he had asked that the two resolve their dispute as well. Malone and Miller had a 75-minute meeting back in February, and between whatever was said then and some time to cool down, everything seems good now. Or at least civil.
If marriage has taught me one thing, it’s to really pick your battles. This seemed a silly fight to have in the first place.
- Report: Mike Krzyzewski to return, coach Team USA in 2016 Olympics 0
- Lakers GM Kupchak denies he, Howard talked about D’Antoni 6
- Kevin Love and Flip Saunders hitting it off 5
- Three things about Game 2: Tony Parker is that good but Randolph, Grizzlies figuring it out 5
- Spurs need overtime in Game 2 to beat Grizzlies, take a 2-0 series lead 2
- Report: Dwight Howard will consider multiple teams in free agency, is said to be most intrigued by the Rockets (121)
- Kobe Bryant responds to Michael Jordan comparison from Phil Jackson (88)
- Alonzo Mourning says Scottie Pippen says LeBron would “kick Jordan’s ass” (75)
- Bradley Beal said he’d lose respect for a teammate who acted like Derrick Rose (67)
- Seattle group releases statement; forced to wait, hope for expansion (64)
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- HBT: Soriano calls out Harper after blown save
- PHT: Sharks take Game 4, pull even with Kings
- PBT: Cavs win NBA draft lottery, will pick No. 1
- PBT: Nick Gilbert again Cavs' good luck charm