Apr 5, 2012, 9:52 PM EST
Remember earlier this season when Jazz legend Karl Malone and Jazz owner Greg Miller were feuding over how the firing of Jerry Sloan went down and loyalty within the organization. Thing is the Sloan issue was a year old and Sloan himself had to tell them to shut up already.
Well, if all of that slipped your mind don’t worry about it.
Miller and Malone have buried the hatchet and moved on, according to the Salt Lake Tribune.
Miller and Malone exchanged smiles and warmly embraced Wednesday night in an EnergySolutions tunnel, minutes before the Jazz tipped off against the Phoenix Suns.
“Karl and I have got it worked out and everything’s good,” Miller said.
The reunion came not so coincidentally on the night David Stern was in Salt Lake City — he had asked that the two resolve their dispute as well. Malone and Miller had a 75-minute meeting back in February, and between whatever was said then and some time to cool down, everything seems good now. Or at least civil.
If marriage has taught me one thing, it’s to really pick your battles. This seemed a silly fight to have in the first place.
- Report: Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson to participate in All-Star weekend’s Three-Point Contest 8
- Three Things We Learned from NBA Monday: Is it time to mention Anthony Davis with LeBron and Durant? 24
- PBT Extra: Who should be the All-Star Game reserves? 15
- Report: Kobe Bryant “definitively coming back to play next season” 29
- Kemba Walker to have knee surgery; Hornets looking at trades for depth while he is out 6
- Kobe Bryant to have surgery on shoulder, is done for season 9
- PBT’s Weekly NBA Power Rankings: Hawks continue to fly high 5
- Kobe Bryant wanted to sign with Michael Jordan’s Wizards 7