Apr 5, 2012, 6:14 PM EDT
Our own Ira Winderman has the report:
While both James and Haslem downplayed Westbrook’s foul as one of exuberance in the heat of the moment, Haslem pointedly took umbrage to Perkins’ shove against Wade.
Recall, earlier this season Perkins derided James for drawing attention to Blake Griffin‘s highlight-of-the-season dunk on Perkins. Perkins also has a push-come-to-shove history with the Heat dating to his tenure with the Boston Celtics.
That had Haslem firing back on his radio appearance.
“I think sometimes people just use the TVs and the cameras and the crowd, you know, to put on a show,” Haslem said of Perkins. “I don’t think he’s all that he shows out there on the court.
Haslem said that Perkins wouldn’t play the way he does on the NBA court “in the park.” Haslem and Perkins verbally sparred with each other multiple times on Wednesday, and Perkins picked up his 12th technical of the season — if Perkins gets one more, he will be suspended for a game.
To me, this is all a bit tiresome — Wade, Bosh, Haslem, and Perkins may or may not be fake tough guys, but they’re all real basketball players, and that’s what people should be focusing on when they take the court for their teams, who both seem to be on their way to long playoff runs in the coming months.
- Is Klay Thompson the best two-way shooting guard? Stephen Curry would ‘put him up against anybody.’ 10
- UPDATED Report: Timberwolves make push for Eric Bledsoe, Suns not interested in sign-and-trade talks 29
- LeBron James unveils latest signature shoe from Nike: The LEBRON 12 12
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Toronto Raptors 10
- Dwyane Wade credits David Stern’s dress code for improving his style 18
- Kevin Durant has grown close with Karl Malone 15
- ProBasketballTalk 2014-15 Preview: Philadelphia 76ers 5
- Steve Kerr said Danny Ferry made mistake but is a “man of high character” 35