Apr 5, 2012, 6:14 PM EDT
Our own Ira Winderman has the report:
While both James and Haslem downplayed Westbrook’s foul as one of exuberance in the heat of the moment, Haslem pointedly took umbrage to Perkins’ shove against Wade.
Recall, earlier this season Perkins derided James for drawing attention to Blake Griffin‘s highlight-of-the-season dunk on Perkins. Perkins also has a push-come-to-shove history with the Heat dating to his tenure with the Boston Celtics.
That had Haslem firing back on his radio appearance.
“I think sometimes people just use the TVs and the cameras and the crowd, you know, to put on a show,” Haslem said of Perkins. “I don’t think he’s all that he shows out there on the court.
Haslem said that Perkins wouldn’t play the way he does on the NBA court “in the park.” Haslem and Perkins verbally sparred with each other multiple times on Wednesday, and Perkins picked up his 12th technical of the season — if Perkins gets one more, he will be suspended for a game.
To me, this is all a bit tiresome — Wade, Bosh, Haslem, and Perkins may or may not be fake tough guys, but they’re all real basketball players, and that’s what people should be focusing on when they take the court for their teams, who both seem to be on their way to long playoff runs in the coming months.
- Reports: Paul Pierce agrees to three-year, $10 million contract with Los Angeles Clippers 18
- Report: LaMarcus Aldridge rules out Lakers in free agent decision 93
- Reports: Phoenix Suns sign Tyson Chandler, re-sign Brandon Knight, try to reshape roster 11
- Kevin Love will return to Cavaliers, contract is reportedly $110 million over five years 78
- Report: Spurs reach deal to trade Tiago Splitter to Hawks, create cap space for LaMarcus Aldridge offer 27
- Report: Heat, Goran Dragic agree to five-year deal worth $90 million 46
- Report: Paul Millsap had midnight meeting with Orlando, will decide between Magic and Hawks 17
- Report: Blazers, Damian Lillard nearing agreement on five-year max contract extension worth $120 million 17