Apr 5, 2012, 6:14 PM EDT
Our own Ira Winderman has the report:
While both James and Haslem downplayed Westbrook’s foul as one of exuberance in the heat of the moment, Haslem pointedly took umbrage to Perkins’ shove against Wade.
Recall, earlier this season Perkins derided James for drawing attention to Blake Griffin‘s highlight-of-the-season dunk on Perkins. Perkins also has a push-come-to-shove history with the Heat dating to his tenure with the Boston Celtics.
That had Haslem firing back on his radio appearance.
“I think sometimes people just use the TVs and the cameras and the crowd, you know, to put on a show,” Haslem said of Perkins. “I don’t think he’s all that he shows out there on the court.
Haslem said that Perkins wouldn’t play the way he does on the NBA court “in the park.” Haslem and Perkins verbally sparred with each other multiple times on Wednesday, and Perkins picked up his 12th technical of the season — if Perkins gets one more, he will be suspended for a game.
To me, this is all a bit tiresome — Wade, Bosh, Haslem, and Perkins may or may not be fake tough guys, but they’re all real basketball players, and that’s what people should be focusing on when they take the court for their teams, who both seem to be on their way to long playoff runs in the coming months.
- Will Miami make a run at Kevin Durant? 11
- Report: Veteran forward Chuck Hayes agrees to deal with Clippers 6
- Report: Lakers to sign Brazilian, FC Barcelona point guard Marcelo Huertas to one-year deal 10
- Shaq to Kobe on podcast: “I just want people to know that I don’t hate you” 18
- D’Angelo Russell on Tracy McGrady tweet: “Some Lakers fans are spoiled” 27
- Anthony Davis “definitely” plans on shooting more threes this season 4
- Jim Buss defends Byron Scott as Lakers coach, “He has the Laker blood in him” 24
- Jim Buss open to the idea of Kobe Bryant playing beyond this season 32